What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finally took a deep breath in preparation for getting spray glue in my hair, sticking the suedeliner to the floor of the garage, getting a cat shaped lump in the headliner etc etc. and fitted the suedeliner to the OEM roof panels in my Kombi.

IMG_2144.jpg
IMG_2143.jpg

Doesn't look bad at all considering I am a ham fisted bodging chimp and at this point have pretty much given up on doing anything to the van or DIY because I hate doing it and it never comes out right :rolleyes:

I also want to put some suedeliner onto the joining cover plate thing. But it now won't even stay up with the extra thickness of the suede on the roof panels.

Do they sell longer clips like this or how do others do it?

IMG_2142.jpg

Bought a litre of oil after managing to find a Halfords type place in Portugal. Done 3500 miles since oil change and it was near the bottom of the acceptable area of the dipstick (only fill half way up). Took half a litre, so by my basic maths it’s using 1 litre per 7000 miles. Acceptable for a 204 biturbo with 132k on the clock I reckon.

After changing the upper 2 red grill trims last month, I decided the old lower red grill trims needed replacing, as the 3 pieces were also definitely not as bright red when 1st fitted a few years ago.
But, I'm not 100% happy the 2 reds are the same shade. :thumbsdown:

Front lower grill - different red to top grill 3 (3).jpg

The top 2 piece grill trim seems more of an orange shade of red, than the full blown redness of the bottom 3 piece trim set.
Maybe it's just me...
I'll sleep on it & look again in the morning. :(

Last edited:
Back