What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

I've had very similar ones from the factory on my XC70 and it really helps protect from mid and grit if that's common where you drive - keep wondering if I should do the same on the Caravelle but that already has the from factory chrome bling strip there...

If you do it you're going to want to go black on the rear bumper I think?

I bought the body moulding about 2 years ago from another forum member and I'm contemplating putting them on. What's people's thoughts ? I know people like side decals. View attachment 240919View attachment 240920
Make sure you treat any tiny spots of rust that will be under those, rust loves being hidden! RT is right about the back bumper, it looks a little unfinished from the side?

I've had very similar ones from the factory on my XC70 and it really helps protect from mid and grit if that's common where you drive - keep wondering if I should do the same on the Caravelle but that already has the from factory chrome bling strip there...

If you do it you're going to want to go black on the rear bumper I think?
I've always liked the swamper look but when I bought it there was the gloss black roof and the rear spoiler so it's kinda swamper but not fully if you know what I mean so being different with the white bumper would suit me lol

In last week or so removed the running boards and sportline type aftermarket bumper the previous owner thought we’re classy. No accounting for taste, but pretty much de-spivved it now. But today I opened the pano roof and am sitting in Henley on Thames enjoying it.46565343-886F-4921-A169-691BDA90534D.jpeg

A load of cutting and fitting 3030 aluminium profile. This may look like a Meccano set gone wrong, but it's actually going to be my folding, slide out bed!

1000007781.jpg
1000007782.jpg

I can see why people use this, it's fast, easy and you can put together a complex frame in a few hours. Well, aside from the cost of course!

And the mess. My god those aluminium chippings go EVERYWHERE!

Tomorrow will be finishing off the frame then fitting the bed slats.

Near us there is a massive Sunday boot sale at the football stadium: went this morning and bought a used small telly (£4), a new wall mount (£3) and an indoor aerial (£2). All now fitted in the van and working for a grand total of £9! Forgot to add: you can slot dvds in the side of it too!

1000003035.jpg

Last edited:
Fitted the cabin door seal upgrades. Easy to do. Will not really notice a difference until I am behind the wheel and the co-driver shuts her door.

Back