What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Finally managed to give the van a quick wash after having the Solow Coilovers fitted by @supremeconversions on Monday last week.

Have to say the lads @supremeconversions in Telford have done an amazing job.

These Solow Coilovers have absolutely transformed the van in every sense. The ride is sooooo smooth, not more steering wheel snapping from side to side when I hit a minor bump. It’s a pleasure to drive. I wasn’t sure what height to drop to so took advise from the lads. There is plenty more these can be lowered by apparently.

Had the lads paint the calipers too whilst I was there.

Heading back in a couple of weeks to have Hunter 4 wheel alignment done a sun strip and front windows tinted by the chap ok the unit next door.

View attachment 228525

View attachment 228526
Get the wheel alignment done as soon as you can. It's amazing how quickly you can destroy the tyres if it's not spot on. Don't ask me how I know... :(

A little tinkering with lighting in the rear of the Caravelle to help the younguns feel it's not so dark. A kind of Mark II from my previous attempt. Still powered off the small Beaudens power pack tucked into the kitchen pod rather than hard wired.

Cheapish "fibre optic" car lighting kit with the fibre optic runs down the outside edge of the outer rails.

Then as I'd only used 2 out of the three lighting heads I fashioned a housing for 2 of them out of some scrap conduit and a small L bracket to tuck under the front of the bench between the storage bay flaps.

It's not quite as bright as the photo makes it seem.

Not sure if I will keep the extension heads, wanted to get it done for the next roadtrip.

I'd put more fibre runs up the mid rails but we have mats across the back so it would be wasted. I may end up hardware hacking the two lighting heads direct to power as I'm not using the control box for other colours or doing any dimming.

20240204_175031.JPG

Last edited:
Just finessing stuff really. Got to sort a kitchen pod possibly. But we are going to play that by ear. Have a fridge already. That can be used 240v/12v. Bags of room for nice cool refreshments. Mud flaps. LED fogs. Sunglasses holder. Just bits and bobs
1000007687.jpg

You'll get some good ideas at the forum meets, the majority of folk are happy to show off their creations. That's where the idea for our electrified razor wire fence came from!
Seriously, they are truly lovely sharing folk!

Tell you what I've done with my van today sold it because after owning a T32 from new and a sprinter from new I can honestly say the t6.1 is utter rubbish never had so many problems with a vehicle? Glad to see the back of the piece of rubbish! One thing after another! And I had dpf and egr delete from new as I didn't want it continuously dropping fuel in oil during DPF regeneration cycle ? But in my opinion the t5 was the last half decent build ! Oh and the DQ500 box isn't as good as originally thought!

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Back