What Have You Done To Your Van Today?

Is that just an outer wrap or door shuts too?

I'm still undecided on whether to go for a lower wrap on my deep pearl black T6 or get it all corrected. Hmmm
Just the outside, I change it too often to go to those lengths. I would say it’s possibly cheaper to get corrected but I suppose that depends how much correction. It then again so many nice colours go with pearl black.

Just the outside, I change it too often to go to those lengths. I would say it’s possibly cheaper to get corrected but I suppose that depends how much correction. It then again so many nice colours go with pearl black.
Ha, yeah cheers! Both options aren't cheap! I'm probably looking at well into 4 figures for a 2 stage correction and ceramic coat.

How do you get apple car play to work then mate?
What difference is the screen?
Thanks Adam

Screen is ok.. it's not like getting new HD unit or anything.. but perfectly acceptable.. will post some pics tomorrow.. App Connect allows you to use the USB connection from the dash to your iPhone.. quick search for eBay for VW App Connect Activation. or check user friggens007

Yesterday and today, finally got my solar panel bonded to the pop top. Renogy 200W bonded with Sikaflex 552 to a layer of clear PPF so it will be easier to remove if (when!) I need to. Left a 3-4mm gap below the panel to give some ventilation. Cables route through a Scanstrut gland outside the tent and route into the van via the cable grommet on the top left of the tailgate. Really happy with the result. Giving 150W ish with the roof down at 4pm, so not direct sun. The Scanstrut is fantastic and definitely worth the extra few pounds. It’s very small, beautifully made, easy to fit and I have no worries that it will be totally waterproof for many years.

1A05908C-018B-47CF-BAAF-1ED037B61196.jpeg

5938F312-19AF-4BA0-AD05-85A1AEDDF004.jpeg

@Richard85 Your set up looks good, I also bought the same awning a Berghaus 300 air earlier this year but haven’t been able to do any camping as I broke my leg in April, and what do you think of the awning? we won’t be using the bedroom pod when we can eventually use ours.

John.

Back