Any vehicle can have the front parking sensors added but most of the small screen headunits do not accept a reverse camera
You can check the part number of your headunit in the radios menu, any of these are NOT compatible with a camera 1K8035150 B/D/E/L

Hi Pauly, Thanks for the reply. I have just checked my head unit. The device part number is 1K8035150L. So, I guess I cannot add the items I want, as it stands.

Reactions: DJR
There is an interface available that you can install into the headunit to put the camera image onto the screen but its expensive IIRC its around £300 + the price of the OE camera and it starts to get expensive !

Defo worth checking out the prices of an aftermarket headunit and camera - im sure @Absolut5 can advise on this

I have a composition colour...and had my converter fit the reversing camera on my highline for less than the price from VW. It does need 'coding' though after installation (whatever the heck that means ;) )

I have spoken to a couple of audio installers and they say that factory fitted rear parking sensors will display ok on an after market head unit, but any non verbal front sensors would not display without an expensive interface unit from vw, but would be audible. Other than vw, is there anywhere elsewhere I could purchase these senso

I have a composition colour...and had my converter fit the reversing camera on my highline for less than the price from VW. It does need 'coding' though after installation (whatever the heck that means ;) )

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you have any success with the coding?

Thanks for the reply. Let me know if you have any success with the coding?

oh, yeah, no problem at all. My converter has a good relationship with the dealer i bought my van from (i don't know if money changed hands, it was all part of the stuff i wanted as accessories, including the towbar which was fitted as an accessory to avoid a crazy tax we have here in NL on everything coming out of the factory). Works perfectly fine.

Hello is anybody able to tell me if my media system is compatible with installing an aftermarket reverse camera to show up on the screen?
I currently have reverse sensors in the bumper.
I've attached a pic of the serial number

IMG_20200205_060708.jpg

Unfortunately it requires a expensive interface as it was not designed to have a camera, and a NSTC camera

Unfortunately it requires a expensive interface as it was not designed to have a camera, and a NSTC camera
Thanks for clarifying that. I'll have to look at an aftermarket media system as would ideally like to have a reverse camera.

trying to work out whether my head unit is compatible with a reverse cam? Ie: will the video feed show on the head until screen? Expert help needed please (it is a Discover Unit - 3 buttons either side)

tempImage3SZYPa.jpg

No mate, that unit can't take a camera

Back