Where to get genuine LED headlights fitted

Have a read of this. It doesn't get conclusive until around page 40ish, but the long and short of it is These headlights are plug and play. Vans with H4 headlights need coding or an additional harness to allow dipped beam to stay on with main beam. Transporter HQ offer them with LED bulbs for dipped beam, but many of us have found that HIDs are better. However, there are now some new H7 LED bulbs that have been developed especially for projector lights, but no one here has tried them yet. Maybe @BognorMotors will give them a try? ;) H1 LED bulbs work really well in the main beam projectors too. Light scatter isn't so much of an issue with main beam, as no other drivers should really see them. They are still not quite up to the performance of factory LEDs, but for the money, with the right bulbs, they are a massive improvement.
No projectors for high beam in the THQ lights I'm afraid, reflectors only which is why high beam is no better than H4s. I'd try those H7 LEDs you mentioned if I knew they would be an improvement over the THQ LEDs, but they say they sourced them to be as good a result as they could get for their lights so surely their H7s are also optimised for projectors?

My mistake, I meant to type "reflectors" I'll go back and edit it.

Main beam in the THQ lights should be better than H4 main beam for 2 reasons.

1- If coded properly dipped should stay on so the foreground is better illuminated, allowing the main beams to be focused further away.
2- The reflector in H4 is tasked with doing both dipped and main beam alternately, whereas main beam on the THQ lights is designed for one purpose.

I'm sure @BognorMotors will test out the Twenty20 projector H7s for us. As he's buying LED bulbs anyway, there's nothing to loose.

I'd try those H7 LEDs you mentioned if I knew they would be an improvement over the THQ LEDs, but they say they sourced them to be as good a result as they could get for their lights so surely their H7s are also optimised for projectors?

I keep going back and looking at these Twenty20 H7s and they are V shaped, as opposed to flat like all the others, which I guess focuses more light onto the critical part of the projector to send light forwards.

1613325041608.png

1613325110640.jpeg

My mistake, I meant to type "reflectors" I'll go back and edit it.

Main beam in the THQ lights should be better than H4 main beam for 2 reasons.

1- If coded properly dipped should stay on so the foreground is better illuminated, allowing the main beams to be focused further away.
2- The reflector in H4 is tasked with doing both dipped and main beam alternately, whereas main beam on the THQ lights is designed for one purpose.
Agreed it should be but it isn't. I went straight from H4 LEDs to THQ with LEDs and the reach of the high beam is not quite as good as the H4s, though it does light up the sides better. I'm going to rely on Lazers to fill in the high beam gap and get the same HIDs as you to make the H7s as good as I can. The beam pattern of the THQs with their LEDs is great, the light output is just a bit wishy-washy so hopefully that will sort it.

Back