Where to get genuine LED headlights fitted

The main reason I went there is that they do a good job and will guarantee them as long as your warranty is valid in my case 3 years, and it was all done in a morning
All very good reasons to get them to do it, I just wanted to spend as little as possible hence the DIY.

I went for OEM, but very expensive to do correctly.
Depends on your budget and the reason for the upgrade.
I did mine as I use the van for long hours on narrow country roads and the H7 upgraded lights were ok, but the light output is not a patch on the OEM LEDs. Comes the dark nights I look forward to much less eye strain.
I don’t give a monkeys about the DRL function or being flash, my reason was purely for night driving.
In my view they should ditch the H4 and H7 and only offer LED.

I have decided to bite the bullet and get some genuine T6 LED headlights retrofitted to my van. I know a few of you on here have had it done, and was wondering if any of you could recommend a company to do it?

I have had a google and two or three places have popped up, but I am aware that the best places don’t always come up on the search engines.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

We used HazyDayz for our T5.1

OEM LED with auto level and washer system.

Plus a few other tweeks.

We have just had this done literally last week. It depends on how deep your pockets are and how patient/impatient you are. A few places will supply and fit the headlights and the self levelling system that you require but seem to charge between £3500-£4000 with the vat. We sourced all the parts(you can get the headlights brand new at the minute on ebay for £566 each)ourselves and a loom from @Pauly which made it a much easier job for around £1900 all in. Pauly was really busy when we asked for the loom so we had to wait but it was definitely worth the wait.Then obviously you need someone competent to fit it all for you,a good days work for someone decent. We will probably have saved quite a bit by doing it this way but its probably not for everyone,but the headlights are fantastic whichever way you decide to have it done

The upgrade is definitely worthwhile, I can’t recommend a company since I did mine on the street outside my house myself. It can be done if you’re handy (I’m no electrician but I made my own loom etc). Robert has a good guide on here.

I've had my 2018 T6 for a week and drove it in the dark for the first time yesterday. I had to stop, get out in the rain and check the headlights were actually on. Now I know why people on here call them candles!

I found a company online which fit genuine VW LEDs and sort out the self levelling for just under £3,000.

Is that about right? Seems a lot considering my Seat Leon has LED headlights and it's not an expensive car (compared to the campervan anyway!).

If anybody knows a good place to get them done it would be appreciated, cheers.

I've had my 2018 T6 for a week and drove it in the dark for the first time yesterday. I had to stop, get out in the rain and check the headlights were actually on. Now I know why people on here call them candles!

I found a company online which fit genuine VW LEDs and sort out the self levelling for just under £3,000.

Is that about right? Seems a lot considering my Seat Leon has LED headlights and it's not an expensive car (compared to the campervan anyway!).

If anybody knows a good place to get them done it would be appreciated, cheers.
That price is on the mark for the full LED retrofit with self levelling. The THQ stuff with LED bulbs are good, but they’re not as good as the OEM LED retrofit. The genuine LED headlights are very, very good.

I agree with @ChrisR ,the genuine lights are really good,better than the THQ ones but obviously much more expensive so it depends what you are willing to spend on them. As i explained in an earlier post,you could save money on the job by sourcing all your own components and either doing it yourself or getting someone to do it for you. If you do decide to just get someone to do all of that for you to save hassle,ie go to a firm,then i would doubt that you would get it done any cheaper than that three grand you have been quoted,good luck with whatever you decide to do

I agree with @ChrisR, My journey started with the standard H4, upgraded to THQ V1's then the full LED reterofit. If I had the chance again I'd have bought a van with the LED's from the factory, IMO don't spend the money on THQ lights although they are better just put that money towards the full LED retrofit. If you can do it youself it's about £1500 using new parts and possibly less if using second hand parts.

I agree with @ChrisR, My journey started with the standard H4, upgraded to THQ V1's then the full LED reterofit. If I had the chance again I'd have bought a van with the LED's from the factory, IMO don't spend the money on THQ lights although they are better just put that money towards the full LED retrofit. If you can do it youself it's about £1500 using new parts and possibly less if using second hand parts.

Agreed, until i got OEM LED's i didn't understand why people were banging on about them.. They are just WOW!

Hi guys
i just wondered if it was possible to exchange my standard headlights for VW LED ones on my 2019 TSI T6?
it has the standard headlights and tbh they are useless
im happy to purchase a pair of genuine VW LED Headlamps despite the extortionate cost but I thought it wise to check it’s a simply straight swap and wondered it there might be any ecu changes needed to switch to the led headlights needed as well ? Or perhaps other hardware needed? Or if perhaps it is not doable at all?
any info is appreciated
thank you in advance

Many thanks mate
I did actually have a look but didn’t see this only aftermarket lights abd I wanted to fit VW ones ideally

Follow Roberts guide above or be prepared to pay around £3k for the retrofit. I followed the guide and the factory LEDS are worth every penny IMO

It’s very expensive, and not a straight swap.
If you have H4 headlights now, then you might find that replacing them with H7 units will be sufficient. That route is a lot cheaper, and is pretty much a straight swap.

Pete

Back