Won’t insure!

N13LRO

T6.1 Shuttle
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Morning all

Trying to insure my 2020 t6.1 shuttle and having a struggle??

LV don’t insure these vehicles anymore?
Aviva won’t insure?
Direct line won’t insure?

What’s the problem?

Thanks all

Morning all

Aviva won’t insure?

What’s the problem?

Thanks all
Try giving A-Plan thatcham branch a call on 01635 879 910 and they might be able to help. Mention the van cave and you’ll get 10% off.

A plan quoted me a grand as did Brentacre. I called Just Kampers who quoted me at £700, twice DL, but last June they came down to £450 on renewal.

A-Plan had no issues covering my camper with all the modifications. £500 so give them a try.

Try AdrianFlux as well. Get you the best deal from a large network. I got £430 for a 21 plate value £60k

Morning all

Aviva won’t insure?

What’s the problem?

Thanks all
Odd.

Just renewed with LV as a campervan.

Also got a separate quote from them to check prices.

You could try Comfort Insurance - they were the best for me.

Morning all

Aviva won’t insure?

What’s the problem?

Thanks all
9 seats? Some insurers struggle with high seat numbers, but still only 8 passenger seats which should keep it manageable.
Maybe…

A few days ago LV offered renewal quote on T6.1 camper that was a 47% (!!!) increase on last year (no claims, accidents, speeding tickets etc)... totally inadequate reason given: 'It's the underwriters'.
Have now switched to A Plan, good phone service and only a minimal increase.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
A few days ago LV offered renewal quote on T6.1 camper that was a 47% (!!!) increase on last year (no claims, accidents, speeding tickets etc)... totally inadequate reason given: 'It's the underwriters'.
Have now switched to A Plan, good phone service and only a minimal increase.
I suspect you already know this, but the answer provided is shorthand for "The insurer has amended their underwriting rules and premiums to reflect the empirical claims data gathered from this sector of the market over the previous period". How you view the adequacy of that response isn't really relevant; it is the explanation and it is the reason why premiums, terms and acceptability criteria change for what you may perceive to be a constant risk.

Reactions: CAB
I had issues with my Shuttle insurance quotes due to the seat number, and it crossing the boundaries into minibus territory. I ended up reducing the seat number to 5 (2 front and 3 rear) as I'd sold the rearmost triple anyway. It brought the insurance down considerably to under £400.

A plan quoted me a grand as did Brentacre. I called Just Kampers who quoted me at £700, twice DL, but last June they came down to £450 on renewal.
Just Kampers insured me for my shuttle last year for around £700 with no, no claims as lived abroad for 20 years. Came to renewal and they now say "Sorry, they changed their policy and 9 seats is a no-go now." Tried DL and a few others, all the same. I don't use it for commercial at all but take the boys out on walking trips sometimes and like to have the 9 seats. I converted the back so the bed folds down onto the back seat when folded down. I get why I have not seen anyone else do this now. As you can't get insured. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Just Kampers insured me for my shuttle last year for around £700 with no, no claims as lived abroad for 20 years. Came to renewal and they now say "Sorry, they changed their policy and 9 seats is a no-go now." Tried DL and a few others, all the same. I don't use it for commercial at all but take the boys out on walking trips sometimes and like to have the 9 seats. I converted the back so the bed folds down onto the back seat when folded down. I get why I have not seen anyone else do this now. As you can't get insured. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
I just tried A plan. They just said, " No, sorry, no one will cover you".

Back