YoYo Bed on GlideMotion rails

Hemmjonny

Hi all I am looking at getting this Rock N Roll bed.
Has anyone fitted it themselves? I am trying to save some money if I can :)

Hi all I am looking at getting this Rock N Roll bed.
Has anyone fitted it themselves? I am trying to save some money if I can :)
I was all set to get one of these for a DIY installation. I had to wait whilst they brought the new version out, then they discontinued the LWB model.

My plan was to use the seat base as the jig for the rails, and hire a ramp to access the nuts underneath more easily.

I went with a Variotech in the end (very expensive, and more floor thickness, but super easy to use).

Yes - I bought one for my swb t6 last year and fitted it myself. They even made upholstery to match mine as pandu wasn't on their list. Installation is straightforward if you are competent. The facility to slide on the rails is great for packing gear in the back and also when you have rear passengers as you can actually talk to them!
It's a heavy bit of kit - needs two to install.
We've been happy with it so far - pm me if you want any more info
Steve

Yes - I bought one for my swb t6 last year and fitted it myself. They even made upholstery to match mine as pandu wasn't on their list. Installation is straightforward if you are competent. The facility to slide on the rails is great for packing gear in the back and also when you have rear passengers as you can actually talk to them!
It's a heavy bit of kit - needs two to install.
We've been happy with it so far - pm me if you want any more info
Steve
That’s great thank you.
The only bit that worries me is the having to drop the fuel tank. Everything else I am not worried about.

Dropping the fuel tank is a bit of a faff but not too difficult - I had mine off anyway for other reasons but only six bolts and the filler to disconnect - you could probably get away with only partially lowering it to access the rail bolts.
Undertrays also need removing as necessary.
Run the tank as low as you dare and pump out the rest - there will be more than you think!

I’ve just installed the glide motion RIB. Followed the instructions sent over and drilled the body for the bolts for the rails etc. when it came to reassembly I can’t get the fuel tank all the way up with the rail bolts installed. Has anyone else had this issue?

I’ve had to to temporarily remove the bolts again to reattach the fuel tank. The van was parked on my parents driveway while I did and I needed to move the van so my dad could get his car out again!

Do the first 3 bolts on the passenger side need cutting off so they don’t come through as far and down into where the fuel tank sits?

Back