What Have You Bought Today?

That’s actually not too bad garage told me would be low 30’s at best but what your averaging is ok! I suppose there’s a fair big tank and take about £100 to fill
Depends what engine you have, but you'll find at motorway speeds the MPG dives off a cliff when you start sitting at 70mph or more. They're as aerodynamic as a brick.

On a long steady motorway run, sitting at 65 or so I can get 43/45mpg, that's on a Caravelle 150tdi DSG which is a bit heavier than a normal van.

That’s actually not too bad garage told me would be low 30’s at best but what your averaging is ok! I suppose there’s a fair big tank and take about £100 to fill
My van has an 80-litre tank (standard is 70-litre), so, yes, definitely over £100 to fill from empty - though I never let it get lower than the 1/4 full mark, as below that, the system prevents regens from occurring.

The key to reasonable mpg is gentle acceleration and cruising at/around 60 mph (though obvs not in a town centre! :rofl:)

My van has an 80-litre tank (standard is 70-litre), so, yes, definitely over £100 to fill from empty - though I never let it get lower than the 1/4 full mark, as below that, the system prevents regens from occurring.

The key to reasonable mpg is gentle acceleration and cruising at/around 60 mph (though obvs not in a town centre! :rofl:)
my record was nearer £200 this time last year :-O!!!

Not on my van it doesn't.

Mine went into a regen when the low fuel light was on.
Do you think yours is an outlier or that they all do that? Read on here recently that a regen uses an additional 0.9l of fuel, so without a minimum fuel level, a regen could see you stranded at the roadside.

Reactions: mmi
Do you think yours is an outlier or that they all do that? Read on here recently that a regen uses an additional 0.9l of fuel, so without a minimum fuel level, a regen could see you stranded at the roadside.
No idea :thumbsdown:

Back