A comfy nights sleep? Help

I bought this memory foam topper. If you use search terms including “campervan” it seems to double the price, but this fits a 120cm RIB perfectly and was only £50. I put the mattress from the SCA pop on first, then the memory foam and sleep well, despite being a fussy sleeper.

I bought this memory foam topper. If you use search terms including “campervan” it seems to double the price, but this fits a 120cm RIB perfectly and was only £50. I put the mattress from the SCA pop on first, then the memory foam and sleep well, despite being a fussy sleeper.
It must be good, out of stock now, next batch more monies?!

Hi All,

So, we're currently in Cornwall on our third trip away in the van, but we're waking up broken, I genuinely feel like I've fallen out of a plane onto a bed of nails.

We have a rock n roll bed (comfy to sit on) and purchased a mattress topper from Dunelm which is 6.5cm big, so not as thin as a duvelay or whatever.

Any idea how to make it comfier?

Mark
Literally came back from there today after 2 nights first night was awful our backs were killing in the morning, we went to Argos down in Newquay and purchased a 8cm mattress topper, fair to say last nights sleep was 10 times better!

We've got a Smart Bed and a 5cm Duvalay double T6 mattress under a cheap quilted topper which IIRC was about £20 from Amazon. I'm fussy about support for my aging back but find the combo very comfortable indeed. The whole lot rolls up (with a fitted cotton sheet) and sits on the rear of the seat when it's put back up making it a doddle to remake the bed at night as it just rolls out again. Duvalay aren't cheap but good stuff rarely is and IIRC you can't put a price on a decent nights kip. As we used to say at work, any moron can be uncomfortable.

We started off with 30mm dunelm topper no good added a second one better but not great then pushed the button on a duvalay 50mm gold and now we get a good night's sleep
I think we all buy cheap at first thinking it will be OK
But I could have put the price of the first 2 mistakes towards the price of the duvalay

Reactions: CAB
Similar dilemma albeit with a RIB 130. Tempted by this but worried it might not fit, might be overkill etc.

Inofia tri-fold 15cm
I don't think you can ever be too comfy when it comes to sleep, but do you have somewhere in the van to store it? That's the same form factor as the one I've ordered, but there's only ever 2 of us in the van, so it'll live on the RnR when we're on the move and in the awning on site during the day.

I've just been into a shop in Newquay, they had toppers on sale in shop. We tried one called a Vango Shangri, looked amazing and felt good...but was cheaper online than in the shop

I've just been into a shop in Newquay, they had toppers on sale in shop. We tried one called a Vango Shangri, looked amazing and felt good...but was cheaper online than in the shop
Usually, us poor retailers will look at an online deal and consider the possibility of a discount/price match. Certainly worth an ask. Very often the discounted products won't even be in stock at the discounters. I would pay a bit extra and have a comfy nights sleep. Online obviously does have the benefit of compulsory returns, but sending back a mattress could be troublesome!

Reactions: CAB
View attachment 256783
View attachment 256784

Looking at this one, it's a SIM, good reviews and looks like a perfect fit.
We have a 'spare' Vango 10 Double SIM you are welcome to borrow to test the viability of a SIM, it's 130cm wide by 2m long, 10cm deep.
Used once in our bigger awning. Absolute beast to roll back up, but you're welcome to borrow, I am very often around your way!

We have a 'spare' Vango 10 Double SIM you are welcome to borrow to test the viability of a SIM, it's 130cm wide by 2m long, 10cm deep.
Used once in our bigger awning. Absolute beast to roll back up, but you're welcome to borrow, I am very often around your way!

Thank you, I appreciate that. I may take you up on that, as we're going down to Surrey and Southend to see the Mrs family in 2 weeks, sleeping in the van on their drives

I gave up sleeping in the van as it was uncomfortable after a couple of nights, reverted to sleeping in the awning on one of these.

Sofa bed

DO shop around as prices do vary quite a bit, I inflate it to 1 bar and it is spot on.

Back