A comfy nights sleep? Help

Hi We are currently camping in Devon, we had the same issue, we now use a Panda memory foam topper, with an Outwell camper van 5 self inflating mattress. this has help so much to give us a better nights sleep...if you are using the van in the day time as we do we roll the bedding up but put the Outwell into the awning, when the season is done you can deflate and repack into a small tote it comes with, bit of a faff to do everyday, I also blew some extra air into the Outwell with our electric Vango pump...its still not home but has definitely improved our sleep...

We bought a 5cm duvalay and we've just come back from 25 days away and it way fantastic, highly recommended

We also use a 5 cm Duvalay, the slightly firmer one, when sleeping downstairs it’s on top of our foam seat cushions so very comfortable, when using the Duvalay matress upstairs on the bed board, and it is just a board with carpet!, We use a 2.5 cm thick self inflating mattress under the Duvalay, to take the edge off, without the SIM under the Duvalay we had a restless sleep.
The SIM lives in the poptop full time and was about £30.
Highly recommend Duvalay but not compact to store in van, C6C561E3-2D94-499D-BA38-AD62022ED4B1.jpeg

We've had the same issue and just splashed out on a mattress from these guys...

It's an expensive option, but is hard to overestimate the value of a good night's sleep.

A review will be incoming on 5 Sept, as we go away with it on 4th (hopefully, if it arrives in time).
Thanks, we're looking at doing the same so be interested to hear your feedback.

Reactions: Bav
Thanks, we're looking at doing the same so be interested to hear your feedback.
My first feedback is that their customer care is excellent. They initially quoted 3 weeks to deliver a bespoke mattress to my design (see below). When I explained I needed it for a camping trip in 2 week's time, they said they would try their very best to ensure I had it before then. On that basis I crossed my fingers and placed my order.

Today - just 7 working days since placing the order - I received email confirmation that the mattress is at DPD's Crawley depot. :mexican wave:
Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 13.15.54.png

My first feedback is that their customer care is excellent. They initially quoted 3 weeks to deliver a bespoke mattress to my design (see below). When I explained I needed it for a camping trip in 2 week's time, they said they would try their very best to ensure I had it before then. On that basis I crossed my fingers and placed my order.

Today - just 7 working days since placing the order - I received email confirmation that the mattress is at DPD's Crawley depot. :mexican wave:
View attachment 257202
Thanks. Are those drawings yours or ones they supplied?

View attachment 257202
Thats very detailed and specific. Nice work. Especially with the castellated edge at the top.

I guess thats to fit in the unit, but thought they were a flat surface (puzzled).

I know it wont be noticeable but my "OCD" has noticed the left hand third is 1cm longer than the other 2 lol.

Thats very detailed and specific. Nice work. Especially with the castellated edge at the top.

I guess thats to fit in the unit, but thought they were a flat surface (puzzled).

I know it wont be noticeable but my "OCD" has noticed the left hand third is 1cm longer than the other 2 lol.
The 'crenalations' are down the N/S - to fit around the c-pillar and where the indoor table stows. 1cm difference is down to 190 not dividing equally by 3. :p

We have a full width rock and roll bed from Titan Beds.

My wife was never happy with the level of sleeping comfort.

We tried assorted inflatable mattresses on top, with varying levels of success.

Finally took the plunge and purchased a Slothie mattress topper.

Went for the Double Premium 2.5cm Travel mattress Topper. Fits the Titan bed perfectly.

Very pleased with the comfort and packs to a sensible size in a carry bag.

Would recommend highly.

Back