Ad-blue MFD not displaying

tobyclaydon

Evening All,

First post, but been actively following this great forum. I've recently picked up my Ex AA 2017 T6 :):)

Quick question......

For the life of me I can't find the Ad Blue range on my MFD, I have tried to look through all the menus etc. I have seen posts about vans having this mapped out, I've tried to search the forum for a definitive answer but nothing confirmed, hence this post.

If the Adblue is mapped out, would this disappear from MFD? I'm a total noob with Adblue, as I've never had a vehicle with this fitted.

Appreciate any help :)

Toby

Evening All,

First post, but been actively following this great forum. I've recently picked up my Ex AA 2017 T6 :):)

Quick question......

For the life of me I can't find the Ad Blue range on my MFD, I have tried to look through all the menus etc. I have seen posts about vans having this mapped out, I've tried to search the forum for a definitive answer but nothing confirmed, hence this post.

If the Adblue is mapped out, would this disappear from MFD? I'm a total noob with Adblue, as I've never had a vehicle with this fitted.

Toby
I’m in the same boat. Definitely got adblue. Had the van over a year done a few thousand miles and for the life of me can’t see anything about the adblue on the mfd or anywhere else.
Forgot to say welcome to the forum.

I’m in the same boat. Definitely got adblue. Had the van over a year done a few thousand miles and for the life of me can’t see anything about the adblue on the mfd or anywhere else.
Forgot to say welcome to the forum.
Thanks for the welcome! Loving my new T6 :D

This adblue thing has got me stumped...

Does this mean than the Adblue system is still in place?
Adblue system is controlled by the ECU so if it isn't mapped out it will work as commanded by the ECU firmware.

Would I get a warning that it needs topping up, or is it likely that it's been disabed/mapped out?
If you edit your Instrument Cluster EEPROM and change Bit 5 from 1 to 0 at address 0x2E7
then the whole Adblue functionality gets disabled, but obviously in the Instrument Cluster only.

Evening All,

Quick question......

Toby
Just to complement, in some cases the Adblue menu entry is displayed only when the actual remaining range gets below 3000km.

I think what van model (ergo instrument cluster type) you have will affect what you see
Highline vans have the better cluster with full menu options and a MFSW to scroll through it with, startline base vans dont have the full setup and only give limited info on the screen (not sure if that relates to adblu or not ?)

I think what van model (ergo instrument cluster type) you have will affect what you see
Highline vans have the better cluster with full menu options and a MFSW to scroll through it with, startline base vans dont have the full setup and only give limited info on the screen (not sure if that relates to adblu or not ?)
I did wonder my vans a startline.
So will just keep using it and keep an eye out for any reminders to top up.

Back