AdBlue Refill Query

MFD display...

Adblue in Ltrs.... not Gallons.

Took me a min too.....

Why is metric pushed down our throats but adblue is imperial? Same on my Volvo. Is it a US thing?

Why is metric pushed down our throats but adblue is imperial? Same on my Volvo. Is it a US thing?
Errr! Because you choose to have your consumption displayed in MPG & not L/100km. At least you have the choice;)

I thought it was displayed in gallons because I had to change to Australia in the settings to get the large MPH in the MFD display.. I therefore just converted the 2.5 gal to litres (using Aus gallons not uk), which was about 10 litres, which was handy as that was the size I had brought.

I thought it was displayed in gallons because I had to change to Australia in the settings to get the large MPH in the MFD display.. I therefore just converted the 2.5 gal to litres (using Aus gallons not uk), which was about 10 litres, which was handy as that was the size I had brought.
Is this what I have done.
Brilliant.

Pretty sure they use litres in Aus, not gallons, but there are several Aussies on here who can clear this up for us.

Sorry for the resurection but I need to top up. I'm a little scared too as its first time and I have been told you can over fill. If I use a forecourt pump and wait until it clicks off, will that over fill the tank?

I go to a forecourt to fill up and go by the amount it says on the display and put that much in. Seems to work fine.

I normally wait until the display shows 2.25 gal as the max, then you can safely put in 10 litres without the risk of overfilling.

Sorry for the resurection but I need to top up. I'm a little scared too as its first time and I have been told you can over fill. If I use a forecourt pump and wait until it clicks off, will that over fill the tank?
Fill whatever volume you like.
This fake stories about overfilling Adblue must stop eventually.

EDIT:
Who told you that you can overfill?

EDIT:

Reactions: mmi
Yes

EDIT:
But isn't it actually a cunning way to lay the blame on the customer...

Actually, on early AdBlue systems (e.g Passat, Sharan up to approx. MY14) you indeed could reproduce the fault by "overfilling". However, the system was not as sophisticated as ours. More about the ancient system in VAG SSP 424 – Exhaust Gas Aftertreatment System Selective Catalytic Reduction – PDF Download (published in 2009).

Back