Alpicool CR50 freezer ok, fridge not cooling

doningtonphil

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello
So I have an Alpicool CR50 fridge (with 'new LG compressor).
I have had it working fine, but today went to fire it up before going on a trip.

Freezer temp on LCD display shows getting down to desired temp fine (-12) but the fridge just shows the same temp (currently +14) and only seems to be slightly affected by cold from freezer and isn't dropping if its own accord at all.

Tried the reset as per the manual, but still the same.

Any suggestions?

Actually, watching it now and although the compressor had stop with the freezer at -12, it has started again and the freezer temp is falling, now -16!

Also, you can take the freezer partition out but you can't stop the freezer section demanding anything warmer than -12.

Please help

The attached shows the current reading. Set temperatures are -12 and +4

Phil

17214845475593065862672944235570.jpg

tried unplugging for a hour to power cycle it?

Unplugged. But not for an hour. It is switched off now. Will turn it back on shortly

Do these fridges have 2x actual zones, with separate inputs, or is it a case that there is only 1, so the freezer is affected first and then eventually the cold 'spreads' to the fridge section?

if its a dual zone fridge, with separate temp controls.

then its normally one compressor, with diverter valves to control the rate of flow to each section.

Yeah, so there are 2x temperature displays. It sounds like a diverted valve is not diverting.

Despite only demanding -12, the freezer was going down to -24, with the fridge resolutely staying in + double figures.

So it seems like it is working hard to get the temp down but for some reason the cold is not being diverted in to the fridge section.

So is it the case that it will ficus on the freezer first, when that reaches target turns its attention to fridge?

Not sure.

Not looked that far into it.

Is there an app for the fridge?

The newer versions have a BT app.

Having the same problem here! Just opened up a thread about it.

Any improvements?

Company’s who are selling these, alpine campers, THQ need to respond!

I had it running on the journey home. By the time I got home it was freezer -12, fridge +6. Near enough what I had it set to.
But it still ain't right.

When I first installed I had it at -18 and +4.
It seemed to work on the freezer temp first abd then that was reached the fridge dropped to 4.

But not on Sat. The freezer went way lower than it's target (as low as -24!) and the fridge didn't shift for ages from +10.

It's alost like the fridge was working hard to get the fridge temp down but wasn't getting any where.

How long have you had yours @Elsonvan1990 ?
I got mine from Clearcut conversions. Got 1 year warranty. Will try the fridge again tomorrow abd call them if no better

I had it running on the journey home. By the time I got home it was freezer -12, fridge +6. Near enough what I had it set to.
But it still ain't right.

When I first installed I had it at -18 and +4.
It seemed to work on the freezer temp first abd then that was reached the fridge dropped to 4.

But not on Sat. The freezer went way lower than it's target (as low as -24!) and the fridge didn't shift for ages from +10.

It's alost like the fridge was working hard to get the fridge temp down but wasn't getting any where.

How long have you had yours @Elsonvan1990 ?
I got mine from Clearcut conversions. Got 1 year warranty. Will try the fridge again tomorrow abd call them if no better
Your describing exactly what is happening to mine. Iv had mine for about 6 days and it started happening straight about the box .

Seems to be a magic number on the LED for it to stay around -18 and 5-6 Degrees in the fridge. I have put a thermostat in and it sits around 6 ( sometimes ).

I have also seen the freezer at -27!

Do you have the tension set to low medium or high? Wonder if that influences it. I’m worried because I’m going back to Madrid this week and have installed the fridge and it’s nearly 40 degrees so will be interesting to see what it does.

Won’t be happy if I have to send it back from Spain… they can pay for postage is it’s broken…

Your describing exactly what is happening to mine. Iv had mine for about 6 days and it started happening straight about the box .

Seems to be a magic number on the LED for it to stay around -18 and 5-6 Degrees in the fridge. I have put a thermostat in and it sits around 6 ( sometimes ).

I have also seen the freezer at -27!

Do you have the tension set to low medium or high? Wonder if that influences it. I’m worried because I’m going back to Madrid this week and have installed the fridge and it’s nearly 40 degrees so will be interesting to see what it does.

Won’t be happy if I have to send it back from Spain… they can pay for postage is it’s broken…
Sounds identical.

Tension?

I followed the instruction to reset (turn off, long press snowflake until you see E1 abd then press + - together.)
One time I did that it flashed -20 next to E1. The next time I did it it had 0 flashing and I could choose 0,1,2 or 3. But don't know what any of that means.

Another annoyance, the perspex flap at the bottom. I took the securing tape off for the first time on Sat and it just flaps around. Nothing to secure it in upright/closed position

Hi all

I have had mine 4 days and have the same issue. I assumed it was due to the current heatwave?

Anybody else had a response from Alpicool at all?

I was on leisure battery for the last three days, but now on hook-up set to -12 and +5. It is currently sat at -16 and +12.

Cheers

Hi all

I have had mine 4 days and have the same issue. I assumed it was due to the current heatwave?

Anybody else had a response from Alpicool at all?

I was on leisure battery for the last three days, but now on hook-up set to -12 and +5. It is currently sat at -16 and +12.

Cheers

Hey,

@doningtonphil is getting a rear electrical board sent to him, apparently Jackson leisure said it could potentially fix the problem.

I have emailed alipcool and they said to do a reset but still nothing, I have sent them pictures and haven’t received a reply yet.

Will update on here with their reply. @doningtonphil said he would update us once he receives and fits the part.

Still not received the bits from Jacksons yet.
On another note, does everybody else's bottom flap stay upright, latched in some way? Mine doesn't

My bottom flap is perfectly fine, thank you! :oops:

Also my AD50 fridge is coping well in the heat, I switched it on yesterday ready for a little road trip starting later tonight and it's got down to temp.

I've got a Ruuvi tag in there towards the top of the fridge area and it's only been saying 5 degrees but I've got a couple of cans of coke in there and they're properly cold, it's set to 2 degrees on the fridge section. So there's probably a temp difference between top and bottom. And it's an almost empty fridge at present.

1000009983.png

Still not received the bits from Jacksons yet.
On another note, does everybody else's bottom flap stay upright, latched in some way? Mine doesn't
my flap seems ok.

At the moment the freezer is set to -19 and seems to be sitting there nicely, although the fridge is set to 1… it says 13 on the LED display and with my thermostat I put inside it says 9 degrees.

Would like to point out it’s been like this since I brought it new in the uk a couple of weeks ago. I live in Madrid and at the moment we have 40 degree heat. Would be interesting to know if that electric board works.

Nightmare, I knew I should have brought the fridge over here for warranty issues!

If that part fixes it I suppose they could post it over or alipcool could get the Spanish distributor to send it maybe.

Having the exact same issue. Rang THQ and they couldn’t pin point the issue, possibly a thermostat issue. Worrying as the fridge is 8 months old.
I removed the freezer compartment which brought the fridge down to desired temp but was constantly running to keep temp down, and when on leisure battery it’s not ideal.

Having the exact same issue. Rang THQ and they couldn’t pin point the issue, possibly a thermostat issue. Worrying as the fridge is 8 months old.
I removed the freezer compartment which brought the fridge down to desired temp but was constantly running to keep temp down, and when on leisure battery it’s not ideal.

Bloody nightmare, we all might be in luck if that serviceable part works though!! Fingers crossed.

Same issue here over the weekend. Watching this thread with interest

Back