Anyone put an RSQ3 engine & gearbox into a Transporter?

Have you managed to get this running then?
I think it’s a fantastic job.
What sort of power do you think you will achieve and what other mods have you had to do to handle the power? Brakes etc.
I’ve modded a lot of cars over the years. I love my jap turbos. Had a couple scoobs that I modded back in the 90’s then imported an R34 GTR V-spec way back in 2004. I did a lot of work to that and had it dyno’d at 593bhp. Was a lairy beast. Went clean off the clock at 180mph. Wasn’t quite good for 200 but had over 190mph in it. I kept it for 19 years and sold it earlier this year for a stupid amount of money.
I bought my T6 with the money and the wife a 69 plate audio S3 and still got a load left.
My 18 year old laddie has a nismo juke that we’ve started to play with. Hoping for near 300bhp from it.
I do miss my skyline though and was near in tears as I watched it disappear on a transporter.
Good luck with your build. I’m well impressed mate.

IMG_3338.jpeg

Have you managed to get this running then?
I think it’s a fantastic job.
What sort of power do you think you will achieve and what other mods have you had to do to handle the power? Brakes etc.
I’ve modded a lot of cars over the years. I love my jap turbos. Had a couple scoobs that I modded back in the 90’s then imported an R34 GTR V-spec way back in 2004. I did a lot of work to that and had it dyno’d at 593bhp. Was a lairy beast. Went clean off the clock at 180mph. Wasn’t quite good for 200 but had over 190mph in it. I kept it for 19 years and sold it earlier this year for a stupid amount of money.
I bought my T6 with the money and the wife a 69 plate audio S3 and still got a load left.
My 18 year old laddie has a nismo juke that we’ve started to play with. Hoping for near 300bhp from it.
I do miss my skyline though and was near in tears as I watched it disappear on a transporter.
Good luck with your build. I’m well impressed mate.

View attachment 220290
Added lsd / 2wd at mo
Std power at moment
Adding 355mm 6 pot brakes on front
Yes she’s starts and gearbox changes threw 7 gears fine
I have an old mk1 caddy forged r32 turbo 4wd that’s 670bhp.mpg at 8 to gallon but fun factors good

Can you not use the t5 alternator ..? conversion pain agreed, but t5 is set up for it ..?
Have you removed your thermostat.. or had it hot enough to open.. ? maybe take it out to stop flow confusion when cold..?
No kinked or crushed pipes, the diagram looks like that may connect to matrix or components ..?
I’ve got it charging

IMG_5109.jpeg

Yes long as it’s dsg
I am really keen to put an RS3 lump into a ABT. E transporter. The abt started its life as a DSG diesel van and then gets converted to electric motor (so I believe). This means the electronics will be up to date.
I assume the engine mounts are straight forward. What about drive shafts. Did those need to be fabricated or do they fit ?
My biggest worry is getting a T6.1 dash that suits the petrol motor.. Rev counter etc.
I was hoping that I could put the entire wiring harness from an RS3 or Q3 with all the controller modules across, but no idea if it could be that simple.
Would the virtual dash be any benefit - and is that programmable for higher rev range?
Any advise will hopefully help me make a decision. Initial investment would be the van 20K. low mileage motor and box 10 to 12000.
So I won’t make the decision lightly ha ha

Depends on year what’s fitted etc and I went the harder way as I basicly was a Cheeper option van was only a 1k I couldn’t buy a t5.1/t6 etc any we’re near that price /. But then differnert rs3 models use differnert ecus on years and platforms. Most are not the same / so u may have to go later rs3 engine and loom spec
Main modules needed are matching dsg gearbox/ abs pump / bcm/ engine ecu / cangateway /immo box and key /fuel pump control module and fuel pump / cluster / brake master/ servo/ pedals ,id personally recommend a rs3 as audi loom / plenty of coding and some ecu bench hard codeing needed too /
Custom driveshafts needed
Custom mounts / exhaust /
Custom boost hoses
Custom turbo intake ( unless ur van is lhd )
Modify subframe
Wireing
Radiator / dsg cooler / aircon

Last edited:
I am really keen to put an RS3 lump into a ABT. E transporter. The abt started its life as a DSG diesel van and then gets converted to electric motor (so I believe). This means the electronics will be up to date.
I assume the engine mounts are straight forward. What about drive shafts. Did those need to be fabricated or do they fit ?
My biggest worry is getting a T6.1 dash that suits the petrol motor.. Rev counter etc.
I was hoping that I could put the entire wiring harness from an RS3 or Q3 with all the controller modules across, but no idea if it could be that simple.
Would the virtual dash be any benefit - and is that programmable for higher rev range?
Any advise will hopefully help me make a decision. Initial investment would be the van 20K. low mileage motor and box 10 to 12000.
So I won’t make the decision lightly ha ha
The fresher the donor, the more problems you will have! Don't forget that all (many) MQBs have component protection! (she almost always eats in a cluster)

Also, many DQ500 mechatronics on the MQB platform are tied to IMMO and have CP

Back