Big news for T6.1 Bosch ECU owners!

Of course ! :p

But more importantly, I would like to delete all emission engine bits that seem to cause problems.

I would like to delete all emission engine bits that seem to cause problems.
That's doable already - separate to the above restriction(s)....

Just means you can 'only' use your vehicle off-road after the mods have been done...

Hi . Have you any more details on the company. Location
I can't wait to get my van tuned . Way to underpowered. Delay. Etc
Grrrrrrrr
Follow the FB link provided by the OP.

A tuner in South Africa got 146kW and 434Nm out of a 110psi 2l TDI T6.1 motor. So no problem with infinitely tuning the map. The 5 speed gearbox did not like it though. Final figures to get it right were 123kW and under 300Nm although the gearbox will take up to 320Nm without complaints. The holy grail is under 300Nm @ 2000rpm with a smooth torque curve.

146kW map.jpg

A tuner in South Africa got 146kW and 434Nm out of a 110psi 2l TDI T6.1 motor. So no problem with infinitely tuning the map. The 5 speed gearbox did not like it though. Final figures to get it right were 123kW and under 300Nm although the gearbox will take up to 320Nm without complaints. The holy grail is under 300Nm @ 2000rpm with a smooth torque curve.

View attachment 250347
Was that for a vehicle with the Bosch MD1 ECU though?

Quite possibly not...

Some [apparently] early T6.1 had the same ECU as the T6
In another thread, @Jacobsroodt mentions the above remap in the context of a 2024 T6.1. Presumably, then, either the Bosch ECU isn't used for the South African market (and therefore the above post is not relevant to this thread) or someone in SA has already cracked the Bosch ECU.

The Volkswagen T6.1 Transporter with the engine number CHX uses the Bosch EDC17CP20 Engine Control Unit (ECU). This ECU manages various engine functions, including fuel injection, turbocharging, and emissions control, ensuring optimal performance and compliance with environmental standards (Wikipedia) (VW T6 Transporter Forum).

I'm highly confident that the ECU is made by Delphi.
The Volkswagen T6.1 Transporter with the engine number CHX uses the Bosch EDC17CP20 Engine Control Unit (ECU). This ECU manages various engine functions, including fuel injection, turbocharging, and emissions control, ensuring optimal performance and compliance with environmental standards (Wikipedia) (VW T6 Transporter Forum).

Nope, early diesel T6.1 like the cxha engine use the older Delphi ECU found in the T6 the later generation is the new Bosch MD1 ECU @mmi is correct

Back