Campsite costs UK

Unfortunately my partner works in a school so any kind of holiday including camp sites are more expensive. I’ve booked us into two sites in Scotland in July for £30 a night. Going to the Lakes in May half term and had to book a minimum of 3 nights @£35 per night. The 3 nights suited what we wanted to be doing to be fair.

I take off on solo trips outside of school hols - going up to Lewis & Harris in a couple of weeks & will be staying at a site not far from Chesterfield next week (another trip to Dav-Tec) for £17
What is the name of the campsite you’re staying at near Dave-Tec?

It’s called The Birches, it’s a C&CC certificated site.

Last time I went I stayed at Hallgate Farm in Pilsley which was £25

How much more is "not much more"? If the number's too low, I'll have to apply the "forum costs" rule in reverse!!! :eek:
Well it was £70 a night. But full central heating included and everything provided you could possibly need. Immaculate (and I’m fussy !). Ok it was 5 mins walk to the Lake, so didn’t have the ‘romantic’ camper setting we all seek. But having said that you’ve got to be lucky to get that perfect pitch anyway.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Well it was £70 a night. But full central heating included and everything provided you could possibly need. Immaculate (and I’m fussy !). Ok it was 5 mins walk to the Lake, so didn’t have the ‘romantic’ camper setting we all seek. But having said that you’ve got to be lucky to get that perfect pitch anyway.
Okay, so around twice the price of the high-season price at Glanllyn. I think I can style that out if the missus catches wind! ;)

I'd like to say that a lot of UK sites are pricing themselves out of the market but I reckon there's always another sucker around the corner willing to pay that £40 per night for facilities that your average european site would be ashamed of. Within reason, I can afford whatever they want to charge at home but I do hate having the urine extracted from me.
Apparently people are staying away from Spain this year and staying in the UK, to teach Spain a lesson… UK sites will of course be milking that situation, and why wouldn’t they?

Apparently people are staying away from Spain this year and staying in the UK, to teach Spain a lesson… UK sites will of course be milking that situation, and why wouldn’t they?
Spanish campsites don’t suit the average Brit’. Very small plot, in each others face and a very gregarious population who stay up late and don’t worry too much about the noise. I imagine the wind break wielding Brit’ coming home early in these situations.

Spanish campsites don’t suit the average Brit’. Very small plot, in each others face and a very gregarious population who stay up late and don’t worry too much about the noise. I imagine the wind break wielding Brit’ coming home early in these situations.
Wearing the wind break!

As I can't take a picture of the wind you'll have to imagine what it's like here parked literally on top of the cliffs but during the night I swear there were a couple of rugby players outside thumping the van with heavy pillows.
On the plus side the Webasto still works and it's three degrees C warmer than back home in Northampton, Wednesday should be the best day as that's just overcast!:rolleyes:

Just paid £32.50 inc elec and water for their 'Super Pitch'. Fully enclosed so the dogs can roam freely without worry. To be honest it was worth the money just to be enclosed and relaxed knowing the dogs cant run off. Would happily pay that again for the size of the pitch

Golden Grove Caravan Park
IMG_8295.JPEG
IMG_8294.JPEG

Oh yeah?

Screenshot 2024-04-29 083044.jpg
As I can't take a picture of the wind you'll have to imagine what it's like here parked literally on top of the cliffs but during the night I swear there were a couple of rugby players outside thumping the van with heavy pillows.
On the plus side the Webasto still works and it's three degrees C warmer than back home in Northampton, Wednesday should be the best day as that's just overcast!:rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Just paid £32.50 inc elec and water for their 'Super Pitch'. Fully enclosed so the dogs can roam freely without worry. To be honest it was worth the money just to be enclosed and relaxed knowing the dogs cant run off. Would happily pay that again for the size of the pitch

View attachment 238925
View attachment 238926
You could always sub-let that pitch to a few dozen close friends!

View attachment 238925
View attachment 238926
Are you sure you haven’t just parked in the car park? That is an insanely big pitch!!!:p

I don’t know about subletting but you could apply for planning permission for a new 2000 house estate, open a golf course, rewild then setup a new national park

Is there a bus route that goes to your table or do you drive there?

Are you sure you haven’t just parked in the car park? That is an insanely big pitch!!!:p

I don’t know about subletting but you could apply for planning permission for a new 2000 house estate, open a golf course, rewild then setup a new national park

Is there a bus route that goes to your table or do you drive there?
Honestly its insane isnt it! Lovely quiet place too if you want to properly relax

Back