CRS - Koni Definition kit on 20's

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good evening chaps,

After reading reviews and speaking with Steve at CRS today I'm definitely going to order from them next week. Thanks for taking time out today to talk over my all options Steve.

It looks like the Koni Definition kit with a 40mm drop is the option for me. I'm planning on running 20" wheels. The only niggle I'm having in my own head is if 40mm will be enough.

Anyone running 20" wheels with Steves Koni Definition kit and 40mm drop just to give me an idea how it will look. Pictures with tyre spec would be super helpful.

Thanks
Paul

I had same as you Paul, Koni definition at 40mm drop which ended up being ~50mm with the 4motion/caravelle seat weight. 275 40 20 tyres.

View attachment 246215

View attachment 246216
Wow looks absolutely perfect . I'm keen on LV2s also. Are those staggered, if so is it 275/40/20 all round? I'm thinking 245/45/20 on the front...

Mine is a factory kombi so might not be as heavy as yours but might be closer than a panel van.

Not staggered. Don’t think it can be on caravelle due to door card hitting the rears. The LV2 are now sold… ha. Gone 17’s and although they don’t look as good, they’re more practical for my needs. Steve will sort you out. Nice chap too.

Thanks, thats interesting. I'm.on 17s now with oem tyre size. Have you gone for more of a swamper setup now then?

235 65 17 Michelin CC2. Resisted the urge to go AT tyres. They look cool AF, but I do lot's of motorway driving, interspersed with light/moderate off road so wanted a "do it all" setup. If such a thing exists...

I prefer the look of the LV2's, but again, practicality for me.

IMG_1374.jpeg

That looks great also thanks. I've questioned getting 20s for practicality if I'm honest, I've done the swamper thing and agree the ATs are not for me. I'm currently on 235/55/17 CC2's with stock T32 suspension. It good to see how the CRS kit works with your new setup, as I've often considered swamper wheels again with more road based tyres in a slightly bigger size. Would you say the comfort level increased going back to the 17s?

I only had this van for a week before going to CRS. And did 48 hours on 20’s with new suspension setup, all road miles and it was great (except potholes). Now on 17’s for a week and it feels slightly better over the same poor roads (potholes). But I’m confident when I’m down a track or in a field the 17’s will properly earn their worth. Hence the switch. If you’re on road the 20’s with CRS sorting suspension will be great.

Thanks for the feedback. We do alot of holidays in the Lake district etc. where the bigger tyre might just give me less to worry about with the roads. We also tow a large caravan.

Again the larger sidewalls might be more practical. Hmm decisions decisions

I have easily towed a large caravan on 235/55/r17 Michelin CC

Good evening chaps,

After reading reviews and speaking with Steve at CRS today I'm definitely going to order from them next week. Thanks for taking time out today to talk over my all options Steve.

It looks like the Koni Definition kit with a 40mm drop is the option for me. I'm planning on running 20" wheels. The only niggle I'm having in my own head is if 40mm will be enough.

Anyone running 20" wheels with Steves Koni Definition kit and 40mm drop just to give me an idea how it will look. Pictures with tyre spec would be super helpful.

Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,
It is so hard I was exactly in the same dilemma and changed my mind quite a few times. So I thought to go for the coil overs as they are adjustable and it give me some adjustment and I have no regrets. Good luck either way @CRS Performance provides amazing service I even went back and had the rear adjusted lower after leaving it 10mm higher initially.

IMG_3065.jpeg

Thanks George, if I was closer to CRS I'd just go to Steve and let him sort it out as needed on the day, but with getting it fitted here in Scotland I'm hoping to it right first time with having to make any adjustments remotely if that makes sense...

Thanks George, if I was closer to CRS I'd just go to Steve and let him sort it out as needed on the day, but with getting it fitted here in Scotland I'm hoping to it right first time with having to make any adjustments remotely if that makes sense...

Gotcha well I guess 40mm is the safe bet also depends on what you use the van for 40mm will also give you a little more tyre choice. For me I was the same as yourself is it lower enough that’s only a question you can amswer as it’s personal preference. My take on it is it’s little like buying a new tv you also say afterwards I could have gone bigger I feel for me 65mm drop is perfect also the sweet spot recommended for the kit I went for which is Koni with H&R springs I love the ride.

Thanks. It's the fact I'm towing with it that's making me more reserved with the drop. What tyres are you running on the lv2s?

Back