Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have a 2018 t6 California DSG 150 hp without cc. I went to my nearest vw dealer asking for a retrofit but they told me that it was not possible to get a kit for my car from vw and that they have never heard of or did a retrofit before. After reading this thread I am a bit more optimistic. However, I live in Norway and I am hoping some of you know of someone retrofiting closer to Norway as the drive to England is a bit far.

Hi,

I am new to the forum. I have a 2018 t6 California DSG 150 hp without cc. I went to my nearest vw dealer asking for a retrofit but they told me that it was not possible to get a kit for my car from vw and that they have never heard of or did a retrofit before. After reading this thread I am a bit more optimistic. However, I live in Norway and I am hoping some of you know of someone retrofiting closer to Norway as the drive to England is a bit far.
What's your skills like? You could have a go at doing it yourself. Are you wanting cruise control on the stalk or on the wheel? There a very good in depth guide on here on what to do

What's your skills like? You could have a go at doing it yourself. Are you wanting cruise control on the stalk or on the wheel? There a very good in depth guide on here on what to do
Thanks! I have fixed most mechanical problems with my previous cars myself, but they were old cars pre 2008. This car is almost brand new so I do not really want to mess it up. And I do not have any experience with this thing that can change the codes in the car computer. I want to fit the multifunction steering wheel so that I could also control the radio, but I have not looked into that yet, but having it on the wheel makes sense then. Do you have a link to the in depth guide? I could have a look and see if I think I could manage it.

Hi guys,
I’m busy searching for all the parts for retrofitting basic ccs to my van.

My van is an euro6 2016 LHD. I’m in France, van is imported from Germany.
I found the steering wheel with buttons (coming from a t6) on eBay.
I have the new airbag harness with the button plugs (coming from a golf 7).

I need the extra repair wires I suppose. Can someone help to identify what and where to buy ? I can’t buy from England as brexit makes it complicated on eBay.

Extra questions:
Can I get something enhanced on the dashboard part of the van ? If yes, how?
My van has the cheapest dashboard.

Thanks for reading and sorry if all is not fully clear.

Reactions: mmi
Hi, thanks Robert.
I’ve read this thread and sure this one helps me but There is no reference for the repair cables as he found them delivered in a full kit with cable for Mfsw to fix to the airbag harness.
I found this on eBay but no idea if it’s what necessary when fitting mfsw:

Hi
I have installed cruise control and stalk to my 2017 t6 euro 6 these are the connections I have done when I code it I get loss of communication module A fault u014600 when I remove the coding it clears the fault any ideas please Thanks in advance

Screenshot_20220304-124631_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Was there a difference in coding/module between cruise control on a stalk and cruise control on the steering wheel? I thought all later T6s had it on the wheel although my early one has it on a stalk. Which by the way I prefer.

I'm not to sure I want it on the stalk I've fitted a mk6 golf r line mfsw without cruise control on it

Any help would be grateful please guys

This is without the fault the fault I get when I and the cruise control is U014600

Attachments

• history.txt
    30.6 KB · Views: 8
Yes byte 29 bit 6 in the central electrics
When I code byte 05 hex 04 (bit 5 ) byte 17 hex 10 (bit 7) then I get the fault

What happens if you restore central electrics byte 29 to hex 00?
Do you still see subsystem E221__MFL-TAS under central electrics?

When I code byte 05 hex 04 (bit 5 ) byte 17 hex 10 (bit 7) then I get the fault
And then recode the above. Still the fault?

If it's any help for reference I have a T6 with a stork cruise switch and standard mfsw as supplied from new. I also have VCDS so can provide details of the original coding.

Reactions: mmi
It's a 2016 model and considered on all LEZ & ULEZ check sites as Euro 5 so it has no Adblue or DPF!

Back