Ok !

I don’t want a 360system, I bought a « smart switch » that automatically switch from reverse to front camera when switching from reverse to forward gear.

I think I will try both places tomorrow. I bought a simple camera, I will plug it and simulate both places to check which one I prefer. I’ll post pictures of it ;)

Hey :cool:
I come back to the subject :geek:.

Do you know if the black grommet behind the battery gives access to the cabin?

kj8i.jpg

v7qt.jpg

ct0k.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread merge
Hi,

Have taken passenger seat out. Lots of facia, carpet is up. Where can i feed power cable through from engine bay?

Battery is out.

2018 T6 van.

Regards,
Owain

IMG_20190428_175951894.jpg

IMG_20190428_180623133.jpg

Thanks Wills,

Think i spotted that, looks like i have a cable going through that grommet already. Will take a other look tomorrow in the light.

Regards,
Owain

If you look through my thread, I have put 2 wires through different grommets from the engine bay.

Hi guys

Can anyone advise if the bung route I've used through my T6 bunk head is the preferred method. The bung itself has a 90 degree pipe and I've simply punched a hole through and fed the amplifier power cable from the battery through to the cabin, but I don't like the look under the bonnet.
Anyone used another route?

TIA

That’s the drain for the air con condensate. It’s now pointing up instead of down. I would remove the cables from there , make sure you haven’t punctured the tube or you’ll end up with a wet carpet. There is a grommet through the bulkhead just behind the battery. This is the preferred route for cables into the van. :thumbsup:

Doh!!!

Thanks so much, I couldn't understand why theres a drain pipe.

I'll fix it this afternoon.

I've just done this. I spent a frustrating 10 minutes cutting the tape away from the grommet I thought went through the bulkhead. It's the wrong one;

towbar wiring3.jpg

Just in the background of the picture, behind the strut top, you can see a smaller grommet in a hole about 10mm. I pulled the grommet off from under the dash, cut a hole in it, fed the cable through and replaced. Job jobbed. There was even a second unused grommet there too.

Back