Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet further up which can be used?

9861FA7D-AFAF-47F5-B204-745FE80FA8DE.jpeg

Edit: Just had another look and found the one mentioned at the start of the thread so will use that. Cheers

Last edited:
Hi all, does anyone have the part number for this grommet? I used this aswell and have punctured it meaning it leaks inside. need to replace the gromit and go the other mentioned way through the bulkhead.

Forgive me for being cautious, but if I use the grommet behind the battery, for my 240v cable, where can I route my 12v Dc Dc charger cable?

I was under the impression, that you need to keep the two separate.

Has anyone drilled a new hole in the scuttle plate that sits above the battery ? I need to get the 240v mains cable from inside the scuttle area into the battery space for the EHU socket. The rubber grommet that passes between these areas is full!
IMG_6807.jpg

I've done that in the past.

Just remember to treat the metal and paint the cut to prevent corrosion.

I used 20mm copex. Corrugated tube for physical protection of the cable.

I've also seen 25mm stuffing gland being used.

I've also see the standard rubber grommet used.

Another option is to cut and extend the slot to make it wider to accommodate more cable.

see here as well . . .

1648214193276.png

Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet
Stumbled on this thread while looking to route my cable and was about to go through the grommet @travelvolts mentions, however it looks as though I already have a black cable going through it. Any idea what it might be for out of interest and is there another grommet further up which can be used?

View attachment 92758

Edit: Just had another look and found the one mentioned at the start of the thread so will use that. Cheers
I'm in the same boat. But the bung mentioned at the start of this thread looks like the one in your picture with a cable going through. Can you point me in the right direction Rob ?

I'm adding bumper DRL to my Caravelle and intend to wire them from engine bay fuse box (piggy back adapter) as there are power feeds from there that are on/off with ignition.
Does anyone know where the cable entry for the fuse box is from below? I've tried rods, fish and tounge but I can not find a route through.

Ahh OK. I was hoping to use the original cable entry point rather than drill a hole but I suspect it's buried in the engine bay. Drill and grommet it is then.

If you run your cables under the black plastic tunnel it should stay well clear of any feet.
View attachment 12122

And this grommet is the simplest route to use.

View attachment 12123

View attachment 12124
I had a bigger plug 10cm higher up i Think that’s a drain plug I poked out …. Am I right ?

image.jpgSo I’m adding a light switch cabe from battery to dash somewhere, left hand drive, I was looking for the grommet it’s right under the Matt here but I accidentally poked out a plug the hole with light in the picture. Is this a drain? it would work for cables but now I’m thinking the plug fell out one the other side and I can’t get it back I would need to plug this hole right and run cables through the smaller grommits. Thanks

You dont need to drill anything, there are existing holes blanked of with rubber grommets already there that you can use
If you go under the glovebox and pop the lower panel off and fold the edge of the flooring back if you look back and up under the outside edge of glovebox you should be able to see one, this hole brings you out behind battery/below scuttle tray
Hi is this not a drain also ?
Just worried before I go plug a hole in it and cause a problem

Hi is this not a drain also ?
Just worried before I go plug a hole in it and cause a problem
No. It’s in the bulkhead behind the battery on the vertical part. The other side is up behind the corner of the dashboard behind the rubber mat/glove box area.
I find it easier to remove the battery and push the cable through from that side and then feel for the cable inside the cab. The other way round is a bit of a faff with limited visibility.

Ah ok found a grommet quite high up past the servo area but because it is a LHD it does come behind the glove box, well further up.
How’re I past a guide but cannot see it so I guess it would be best to remove the glovebox or just the bottom plastic cover.
It all seems so difficult to remove.

This is what it looks like and I just poked a fibreglass guide through.
Now I need to try and fish it out and then I will be able to attach a cable to it

IMG_3426.jpeg

Back