FitCamX Dashcam (power from rain sensor)

This d**m website... ANOTHER thing I didn't know I needed...

I have always been looking at these, struggled to find any meaningful reviews though... I love the idea!

Subscribe5 for 5% off..

IMG_7532.jpeg
Ordered this on 13/07/24 and, after they emailed me on the 14th to double check the model of the van, it arrived today.

IMG_7503.jpeg
IMG_7505.jpeg
IMG_7506.jpeg
IMG_7512.jpeg
IMG_7513.jpeg
IMG_7515.jpeg
IMG_7530.jpegIMG_7529.jpeg

Very straightforward to fit - but I do need a new cubbyhole bracket now. It piggybacks off the rain sensor, so it stays on for a short time after keying off.

As per the fitting instructions, you’ll need to trim the neck to fit - which was easily done with some side-cutters
IMG_7528.jpeg

I ordered the rear cam too, but that’s a job for another day.

I’d be interested in some real world footage if you get chance to grab any. .

How do you feel about the quality?

I’d be interested in some real world footage if you get chance to grab any. .

How do you feel about the quality?
I’ve no idea on the quality of the camera or processor, but the finish looks OEM and the power connection is ideal in that you don’t need to run any extra wires.

I’ll upload some footage when I can.

Fitted mine yesterday. (In my Toaureg...) was a total breeze.

Will upload some footage in a bit.

Just checked my rear view mount and it appears it already has a lens built into the back. Anyone else have this?

Mat

Was this just a plug and play install then without having to chop wires?

Mat
Yep - the rain sensor plug unplugs, plugs in to their splitter loom, and that plugs in to the sensor, the other connector plugging in to the camera.

IMG_7526.jpeg

The rear camera is attached via a small cylinder-shaped connector so it’ll fit through the tailgate rubber boot ok.

Just checked my rear view mount and it appears it already has a lens built into the back. Anyone else have this?

Mat
The lens is probably a rain sensor

Yep - the rain sensor plug unplugs, plugs in to their splitter loom, and that plugs in to the sensor, the other connector plugging in to the camera.

View attachment 253869

The rear camera is attached via a small cylinder-shaped connector so it’ll fit through the tailgate rubber boot ok.

The lens is probably a rain sensor
Thanks for the info.

I managed to find out that the lens is the Headlight Dipping Sensor. I contacted the company any they said there would be a cover developed for this in around 2 months, great service if it comes off!

Mat

Any footage @Ads_Essex or @z1ts

I mean, I really don't need one of these but I should buy one, let alone for any accidents but also for recording stuff on trips where you can't stop to take a picture!

How fast was the std free delivery?

Thanks for the info.

I managed to find out that the lens is the Headlight Dipping Sensor. I contacted the company any they said there would be a cover developed for this in around 2 months, great service if it comes off!

Mat
I’ve ordered one for my Audi, which has HBA - the drop-down list on the FitCamX website showed about four different options and one of them included HBA, so I imagine they will offer one soon enough. It’s only the casing and connector that they need to have match your vehicle.
How fast was the std free delivery?
As above, just under a fortnight.
Ordered this on 13/07/24 and, after they emailed me on the 14th to double check the model of the van, it arrived today.

Any footage @Ads_Essex or @z1ts
I’ve was working away and haven’t driven the van since being home. Will upload here when I get 5

Bought front n rear for er indoors cupra born, quality really good all round, i have blackvue on van but would have bought the Fitcamx if they were about when i bought mine !

Back