Fitting Eberspacher D2 - My Experience

Is it me or are the D2L installation instructions a bit thin, contradictory and confusing?
I’m currently fitting the wiring and need help.
The Easystart Pro wiring diagram and the Ebers supplied harness don’t match. The XS1 4 wire block connector is premade and matches the diagram. The XS2 3 wire connector needs making up. The diagram shows 1 - BN/WH, 2 - GY/BK & 3 - GY. The controller pre made connector is correct but the harness has a 5 wire option of BN/WH, YE, RD, GY/RD & BU/WH.Any help appreciated.

View attachment 71577

I'm trying to remember how I did this but at the moment its evading me. Will did out my instructions later and have a look.

Correction... I’m still stuck. My harness relates to the 802 connections for the 6 way block type in the attached pic. My controller is the 4 way housing block type and wire colours in the lower info

image.jpg

It’s The dedicated Ebers T6 CAN Bus kit
I really cant remember a red lead on its own like that. Plus, I seem to be missing my instructions as I cant find some of them or the CD. Can you send a pic of where that single lead joins the loom?

The red/white wire connects the the heater block. It’s in its own the plastic sheath And not cloth wrapped.

image.jpg

The red/white wire connects the the heater block. It’s in its own the plastic sheath And not cloth wrapped.

View attachment 71595
OK from that plug there is 2 parts to the loom? Bigger one on the left has 4 leads inside and goes to the controller. The other should have 2 leads inside and goes to the fuel pump. You should have some pins to crimp in these and then insert the pins into a plug to go on the fuel pump?

It's in the manual!

Switch output (whrd)
The switch output (whrd) can be coded for the following applications
via EasyScan:
Switching signal ON
– if heating (incl. afterun) or ventilation mode active
– depending on the actual temperature at the control sensor
(control values 10 °C – 90 °C; default 25 °C). Switching signal
ON on exceeding the lower control value. Switching signal OFF
on falling below the upper control value -10 °K
– on falling below the maximum heating output
Function display and error output via flashing code (default)

Just a thought is it the power for the fuel pump?
It's in the manual!

Switch output (whrd)
The switch output (whrd) can be coded for the following applications
via EasyScan:
Switching signal ON
– if heating (incl. afterun) or ventilation mode active
– depending on the actual temperature at the control sensor
(control values 10 °C – 90 °C; default 25 °C). Switching signal
ON on exceeding the lower control value. Switching signal OFF
on falling below the upper control value -10 °K
– on falling below the maximum heating output
Function display and error output via flashing code (default)

What’s in the manual? Where to connect the wh/rd? I’m unsure of the context of the rest of your post sorry!

OK from that plug there is 2 parts to the loom? Bigger one on the left has 4 leads inside and goes to the controller. The other should have 2 leads inside and goes to the fuel pump. You should have some pins to crimp in these and then insert the pins into a plug to go on the fuel pump?

i had a walk away moment! I’ve taken a pic that shows:
The Hester plug
The WH/RD wire - It makes sense it stays under the van somewhere as it’s the 1st to exit the loom.
Fuel pump
Controller - with what seems to be incorrect coloured wiring.
Power supply

I’m only stuck with what happens to the whrd wire and identifying the 5 loose wires connections for the controller. Maybe it’s the wrong loom but it’s an Ebers kit so suspect wire upgrade and poor instruction.

C825517B-04BF-4609-A179-E4142ABE1AE9.jpeg

What’s in the manual? Where to connect the wh/rd? I’m unsure of the context of the rest of your post sorry!
I have quoted the section in the manual as to the purpose of the white/red wire. Page 26

Link for manual a couple of pages back - looks like some of your other wires are for can-bus, see manual

Last edited:
Eberspacher wiring diagrams have always been very poor, on the other hand Webasto ones are clear and easy to follow.

Back