That duct into the pillar - it has only penetrated the bottom and consequently the vent is pointing upwards rather than down to the cold zone!
The vent needs to point downwards from the pillar to be properly effective.

That duct into the pillar - it has only penetrated the bottom and consequently the vent is pointing upwards rather than down to the cold zone!
The vent needs to point downwards from the pillar to be properly effective.
the vent is adjustable so in the photo it is just pointing upwards but it can be turned downards too. Just thought to refer to alternative solution for b pillar without a need for additional costs to purchase oem duct and pillar covers etc.
Get the point about the installation with AC - there is a wet webasto that can be used instead for that purpose and I have seen it working well.

Where it has been mounted is pointing upwards and there is not enough adjustment on the vents to counteract this.
If this were a feasible solution it would have been used - don't forget that this chassis has been used for years, T5's and T6's.
Sorry, but this isn't a good solution. ( Also totally impossible with an oem heater and its 90mm ducting).

Where it has been mounted is pointing upwards and there is not enough adjustment on the vents to counteract this.
If this were a feasible solution it would have been used - don't forget that this chassis has been used for years, T5's and T6's.
Sorry, but this isn't a good solution. ( Also totally impossible with an oem heater and its 90mm ducting).
sorry @oldiebut goodie , but I do not agree with your point of view here i.e. the duct on 2kw webasto is 60mm and is bent prior exit through the vent output/pillar trim, it is round going from webasto through the same channel as the oem plastic rectangle/square version. The plastic oem version also allows it to go upwards and then bends to the output . Perhaps photos do not give a justice to how it is mounted through the trim

I am fully aware of how the air flows through a Webasto vent - obviously you have not installed many heaters if any. Have you considered the resistance as per the manual? I don't suppose that you have even given it a thought.
The installation that you are quoting has all the hallmarks of a bodge job. For instance an incorrect silencer has been used - that is a silencer for a water heater not an air heater. I hate to think what else has been done.

Intrestingly, they all just hold up the plastic vent to the metal B Pillar and trace inside it. None of the intricate templating as seen in this thread.

It looks like a few of those corner vent grilles are on upside down, they are angled upwards rather than downwards.

I’ve taken a punt and bought one of these cheap T5 steps. The plan is to remove the vent, paint it black and cut it into my step.

Hi Pauly,
Warren from Australia here. have just purchased a Multivan WV2ZZZ7HZPH025960.
I have not taken delivery as yet, any chance when you have time to look this up for similar info? I have a new Webasto that I am planning to fit.
What resource do you use for the information?
Cheers.

so how about using existing car vent rather than going through B pillar or under driver seat (I'm not keen on drilling through pillar and under seat is already fully packed with battery etc)?

As a response to your comment regarding space in B pillar - I have managed to find such example instead - one duct from webaston directly out to the pillar?

View attachment 226846

View attachment 226847

View attachment 226848

That seems perfect to me. Where did you find this, were there any instructions? @ArtD I would prefer something a bit cheaper as well compared to buying all the trim pieces which this seems to solve?

That seems perfect to me. Where did you find this, were there any instructions? @ArtD I would prefer something a bit cheaper as well compared to buying all the trim pieces which this seems to solve?
@belga I have managed to find it somewhere on Czech forum, no instructions unfortunately. there is enough space to go with 60mm duct, however at the end I have decided to go vw duct instead as it is better fit and also you wouldn't lose too much heat from it. It was easy installation just measure less of the square and then gradually cut more.

20240211_130437.jpg

20240211_131648.jpg

I’ve taken a punt and bought one of these cheap T5 steps. The plan is to remove the vent, paint it black and cut it into my step.

Next step is to cut the hole in the back trim. Then paint black.

Any tips on how to get a nice neat cut in this thick plastic?

IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7508.jpeg

IMG_7509.jpeg

IMG_7510.jpeg

Has anyone had any joy with a non-OEM mount? I've got the ducting and a heater but I am still looking for a (relatively straightforward) solution to mounting it.

I've noticed that the mounting plates can be bought with different lengths of cylinder but I'm not sure if that's got anything to do with the height of the actual heater.

If you are talking about a floor turret mount the flanges vary according to the depth of floor that it has to penetrate.
I had to make one with a 12 inch deep flange as the Mercedes 508 that it was going in had a double floor.

Can I ask where people are bringing the wiring into the van? I've cut the holes, plumbed the fuel tank in and none of my bookmarked posts (that I thought mentioned this) point it out. My forum searching isn't giving me much luck either!

Any help greatly appreciated.

Can I ask where people are bringing the wiring into the van? I've cut the holes, plumbed the fuel tank in and none of my bookmarked posts (that I thought mentioned this) point it out. My forum searching isn't giving me much luck either!

Any help greatly appreciated.
There is a hole under the right seat. It has a rubber cap that you can use

Back