I still need the side step to complete my installation. Any ideas how much they are now from the stealer? I've seen one on eBay for £165, but has now increased to £200.

Crazy - £100 cheaper for the same thing ( and they still will make a profit ).
I think that I paid around £50 for mine from Germany in 2019.

Hi folks, slightly off topic but I don't have the budget to do the full OEM ducting. Having said that I'd like my van, where possible, to look as stock as it can. With this in mind, although I plan on drilling a hole for the outlet behind my driver seat for the after market round vent, do you think it would be possible to drill the round hole on the drivers side step and fit the OEM step with vent over the top?

I've not bought my heater yet so while I think this may be possible I wanted to see if there were any issues that I haven't foreseen which would stop me being able to do it. Plan would be to paint the surrounding metal black so that it didn't show through the vent.

Hi folks, slightly off topic but I don't have the budget to do the full OEM ducting. Having said that I'd like my van, where possible, to look as stock as it can. With this in mind, although I plan on drilling a hole for the outlet behind my driver seat for the after market round vent, do you think it would be possible to drill the round hole on the drivers side step and fit the OEM step with vent over the top?

I've not bought my heater yet so while I think this may be possible I wanted to see if there were any issues that I haven't foreseen which would stop me being able to do it. Plan would be to paint the surrounding metal black so that it didn't show through the vent.
yes, definitely possible. a round vent in the sidestep has been done before.

Assuming you are talking about a 2Kw heater:
Just use a round 60mm non-closeable vent - straight through the steel and plastic. It would be a bit of a faff trying to put an oem vented step over a 60mm vent. It may be possible to affix and seal the rear of a 60mm vent to the outside of the steel for the ducting and use the OEM step liner but seems too much work just to have it look OEM.

Assuming you are talking about a 2Kw heater:
Just use a round 60mm non-closeable vent - straight through the steel and plastic. It would be a bit of a faff trying to put an oem vented step over a 60mm vent. It may be possible to affix and seal the rear of a 60mm vent to the outside of the steel for the ducting and use the OEM step liner but seems too much work just to have it look OEM.

I prefer the look of the step than just firing in the 60mm vent, so was just wanting to see if it was possible or if anyone had done it. Less fussed about the ducting in the B pillar as it will be hidden away anyway!

Edit: Have just realised the step I ordered includes the ducting so don't need to worry about it after all! Thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Last edited:
It would be possible - you would have to countersink the bolt heads that secure the vent 1/2 to the steel so that they don't cause the vent to bulge outward.
If you use the rear half of a Webasto closeable vent like this:

IMG_2494.JPG

Are there any barriers to then covering that with the OEM sidestep vent?

Thanks for your response, the only thing I can imagine being an issue is finding a way of securing the ducting to the hole I have cut but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

I prefer the look of the step than just firing in the 60mm vent, so was just wanting to see if it was possible or if anyone had done it. Less fussed about the ducting in the B pillar as it will be hidden away anyway!

Edit: Have just realised the step I ordered includes the ducting so don't need to worry about it after all! Thanks for the advice nonetheless.
@stuartfras

I think this is what you mean:

1. Cutting out & protection.

Day 7 & 8 (14).jpg

A riveted adaptor to secure the flexi hose at back.

Day 7 & 8 (15).jpg

Flexi hose fitted at the back

Underneath installation (3).jpg

Although not my install photo, but you get the idea - with this OEM step & vent

1704655741113.png

If you'd rather have the proper Vw part at the back, I do have 1 for sale:

@stuartfras

I think this is what you mean:

1. Cutting out & protection.

View attachment 224649

A riveted adaptor to secure the flexi hose at back.

View attachment 224652

Flexi hose fitted at the back

View attachment 224653

Although not my install photo, but you get the idea - with this step OEM & vent

View attachment 224656

If you'd rather have the proper Vw part at the back, I do have 1 for sale:

Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted to know! I just bought a step which I have since discovered has the ducting included. I could be tempted by any other ducting/ heater gubbins if you're selling any though.

Don't forget that the OEM fitting is for 90mm ducting not the 60mm used on the 2Kw heaters.
What breed of heater are you fitting?

Don't forget that the OEM fitting is for 90mm ducting not the 60mm used on the 2Kw heaters.
What breed of heater are you fitting?
I think I'll go for a Planar. I've read a lot of your (and others) posts about how they are actually Russian and similarly, it has warned me off going the Chinese route, but I can't afford the alternatives! It will be the last bit I actually buy so here's hoping something non Planar and used comes up for sale!

Latvian ownership is just a blind - see how the owner has moved his address from Russia to Israel to get round any sanctions ( there were 2 owners a while back but one has disappeared)
I refuse to support Put in in any way.

auto.JPG

Actual data. List of shareholders (1)
TimeSharesValueSharePercentNumber of votesRegistered in State Enterprise register
Natural person(s) (xxxxxx-xxxxx)

From 30.10.20237100 000.00 EUR700 000.00 EUR100.00 %707.11.2023
Document country on the date of registration: Russian Federation
Actual data. List of beneficial owners (1)
TimeCountry of residenceCitizenship

From 08.02.2018IsraelIsrael
Type of control: as a member

Sign in
Changes in personal data. Actual data. List of beneficial owners. (1)
Time

14.06.2022From Russian Federation
To Israel
From I Type of control: as a member, II Type of control: as a representative of the executive or administrative body
To

Latvian ownership is just a blind - see how the owner has moved his address from Russia to Israel to get round any sanctions ( there were 2 owners a while back but one has disappeared)
I refuse to support Put in in any way.

View attachment 224668

Sign in
Changes in personal data. Actual data. List of beneficial owners. (1)
Time

14.06.2022From Russian Federation
To Israel
From I Type of control: as a member, II Type of control: as a representative of the executive or administrative body
To
Yeah have read with interest and I don't disagree with your stance but I also think that's a tricky line to draw as a consumer.

Thank you, that was exactly what I wanted to know! I just bought a step which I have since discovered has the ducting included. I could be tempted by any other ducting/ heater gubbins if you're selling any though.
Sadly @stuartfras, I've nothing else to sell of any other ducting/ heating gubbins :(

Back