French questions...

Stay Frosty

Electrician
T6 Legend
Just a few little wobbles as there's less than a month now to our France trip:geek: and thinking here do I get one of those two pin Schuko type plug to blue 16A euro skt adaptor leads or is it likely that as it's 2024 the hookups there will all be the 16A blue type anyway?
I'm bothered less about reverse polarity swap over leads as I can make one of those easily enough with a blue plug and skt from Screwfix or Toolstation but a Schuko two pin plug is a bit rarer locally, especially an IP65 one.
Next, and her in drawers says we've got to put the crit air sticker in the bottom right corner but not sure if that's looking out of the windscreen or from outside looking in.
Jeez it's not like we've never been to France before but when you pass age 60 your brain basically reads 50 interpretations into even the simplest instruction, thanks in anticipation.:thumbsup:

I did think this may be about the library or public swimming pool was as it’s gcse season

I think my crit air sticker is down by the bottom offside of the screen but I’m not sure if it has to go anywhere specific as long as it’s displayed

Last edited:
Ours crit air is offside bottom corner and yes we use both 2 and 3 pin HU during our trips through france/spain .

do I get one of those two pin Schuko type plug to blue 16A euro skt adaptor leads

Just checked through my box of many cables, any use to you? you could chop the C13 end off and stick a 16A female on? I can pop it in next time im passing if its any use to you.

IMG_20240516_225138.jpg

Most sites use the blue 16amp connections now. I have one of the adapter cables if you want to borrow it just in case.
This is certainly true but we also travel with the 2 pin adapter cable, we do occasionally have to use it at some sites so it is worth carrying.

Turns out offside is now our next source of confusion as one of us has just pointed out that the French drive on the other side of the road... I literally went for a pee and now we've spent nearly three minutes with me mansplaining to a receding figure:cautious: that I'll stick it on my side of the screen.
Apart from losing that one I'll get one of those made up French plug/16A blue skt trailing leads on Amazon.
Edit and if you are passing that would be very kind @sparkzer, like you say I could soon whack a blue sky on the end, cheers Garry.:thumbsup:

Turns out offside is now our next source of confusion as one of us has just pointed out that the French drive on the other side of the road... I literally went for a pee and now we've spent nearly three minutes with me mansplaining to a receding figure:cautious: that I'll stick it on my side of the screen.
Apart from losing that one I'll get one of those made up French plug/16A blue skt trailing leads on Amazon.
Edit and if you are passing that would be very kind @sparkzer, like you say I could soon whack a blue sky on the end, cheers Garry.:thumbsup:
I got one from Amazon and it lives with the cable always despite only ever once going to France in the van and of the three sites while in France we visited needed it at one

Sticker on drivers side. Definitely take all EHU adapters (we've come across all types). Make sure the hook up cable is a decent length. Have had some pitches whee the EHU post is 3 pitches down!

I've got a 25m orange lead and a 10m lead but with a 13A plug on the end for when the vans parked at home so I can swap the 13A plug for a 16A blue one.
This all flies in the face of us having solar and the Roamer lifepo4 battery but after the first Renogy DCC50S packed up last month while in a rain swept Cornwall it knocked my invincibility mode down a bit... quite a lot really as the fridge alone would have emptied the battery eventually.
Regarding M Bricolage I've always been like that when we're abroad, in the US you can get a guy in Home Depot to cut and thread galvanised steel gas barrel which they use for water piping in their older houses, fixed my mates bathroom plumbing in Michigan.
Thanks for the heads up people and have to admit I'm getting just a bit excited in anticipation of trying out my schoolboy French again! :whistle:

I know how to say "i am 11 years old "
and "where is the train station" :cool:

I've recently learned "sorry, i don't speak french" . which i use ALOT.

Reactions: CAB
C'est loin ou c'est pres d'ici, is it far or is it near here?
That one literally just fell out as has "en face de l'eglise" in front of the church, just have to figure out how to get them into a conversation asking if they'll have baguettes tomorrow morning too?
Started looking at the weather all down the West coast of France which is probably tempting fate but although most sites booked are coastal we're not sun bronzed heroes, we'll be performing the same footpath clogging tourist antics we get up to over here and struggling to understand the locals as soon as we're 20 miles or more from Northampton, it'll be great!:thumbsup:

• Haha
Reactions: CAB

Anyway just to build the excitement you'll be pleased to know we're just about to leave for Folkestone for the start of our 3 week French adventure

Our kid is out there atm and the weathers a right mixed bag so hopefully it improves shortly

Back