Fuse Box SH

Trailer Electrics? with that relay next to it?

what's the issue? - what's not working?

assuming you have the factory second battery? - looking the that 80A fuse and 100A relay?

The yellow/red cable isn’t connected to anything, comes in the loom, through fuse and dead ends. I’m pretty sure I took it out of the RAC wiring set up. I have a whole other set of towbar electrics under drivers seat that does work.

I did have a second battery and relay charger #100, the relay is in place I just moved it to see what cable was coming from the starter battery as I want to add a better dc/dc charger and bigger capacity battery. If I can fathom how to use the cable.

What are the other fuses? Are they SH 4,5, 6?

Yeah 4 5 6 are also for the trailer unit1000006454.png

80a is the for the 2nd battery before it goes to the 100a split charge relay. 40a - have you got a single electric sliding door?

Have a look at the @Dellmassive threads for the DC-DC charger, it's actually really easy as you have everything you need in place already - that being ignition run signal, ground, input from starter battery/fuse box, and output to the aux battery.

That's all you need for a typical DC-DC charger.

The yellow/red is OEM and should connect as 2nd battery -> 30A fuse SH15 -> relay 643 pin 30. From relay 643 it continues as red/black from pin 87 to brown 17-pin connector, still under the seat. And from there it continues towards trailer socket.

The yellow/red cable isn’t connected to anything, comes in the loom, through fuse and dead ends. I’m pretty sure I took it out of the RAC wiring set up. I have a whole other set of towbar electrics under drivers seat that does work.

I did have a second battery and relay charger #100, the relay is in place I just moved it to see what cable was coming from the starter battery as I want to add a better dc/dc charger and bigger capacity battery. If I can fathom how to use the cable.

What are the other fuses? Are they SH 4,5, 6?
your van is a EX RAC . . .?

Just want to post a quick thank you to the folks on the forum who help answer these questions. I have the same towbar prep setup and then the previous owner added more fuses to fusebox SH for USB and 12v sockets. I removed the extras when refitting the van and now (with the PDF downloads available to members as well) fully understand what's left in SH4/5/6 and the trailer relay... and I searched rather than posting a new thread ;)

Back