Very cool.
I'm keen to keep mine inconspicuous - so no one notices the change.
This is the main reason I'd like to swap the left buttons so the new wheel had the correct assist button, even though I've never used that button on the original wheel.
I think it is also possible to swap the plastic cover of the keypad. So you can have the electronics of the keypad with support for hands on detection and the cover of the keypad with the symbol for the assistant menu

I think it is also possible to swap the plastic cover of the keypad. So you can have the electronics of the keypad with support for hands on detection and the cover of the keypad with the symbol for the assistant menu
I presume you mean to replace just the plastic button so the picture on the button looks correct but it still won't work? I guess I could try that but I'm not sure I care at this stage. Anyone who knows which button is meant to be on the wheel will probably notice if it doesn't work. I suspect I'll just leave it as it is until I find a reason to do anything else about it.
Thanks heaps for your help - I don't think I could have found the correct wheel without all your information.
Cheers.

Hi @Pauly,
Very impressive post,
Do you finally found the reference to the t6 Terminal?
Is it a picoMQS as suggested?
Thanks

After many attempts and purchasing numerous buttons, I finally managed to install the steering wheel from a Golf GTI and activate ACC as well as the paddle shifters.

IMG_0080.jpeg

Back