Insurance popularity question

Okay, so I am up to renew my insurance details below FYI.

69 plate T32 4M DSG 199 Camper (converted Kombi) - Insured value fixed at £80k (with £500 excess)

- Renewal cost with APLAN = £754 (£670 last year, so 12.5% increase) (cover - 12k miles per year, £100k legal, £750 key cover, 180 day EU cover, £1k awning cover, £3.5k personal effects cover, protected no claims)

- Quote from LV - £1,176.12

- Adrian Flux - £638.69 (18% decrease on APlan renewal price) (cover - 12k miles per year, £100k legal, £500 key cover, 90 day EU cover, £1k awning cover, £2k personal effects cover, protected no claims)

Any thoughts on Adrian Flux? has anyone claimed through them?

Cheers.

There's no denying that's a big old hike. It won't comfort you any, but, anecdotally at least, I've heard of increases up to 70%.
Yep my LV multicar for the XC70+Caravelle the quote has jumped from £420 to £720.

Looking around for my needs LV still, sadly, seem to be the best deal.

• Wow
Reactions: Bav
Just changed the T5.1 to A plan as NFU would not insure anymore due ton conversion,but the T6 is still with NFU

thank you guys, we tried several and some were just silly , huge quotes with many compulsory excess(es) coming to same if not more than the quote so in the end , we found for us the best and fairest was ...............................drum roll.......................................................................Safeshield !

'Currently' insured through A PLan who put me with Markerstudy

I've Just had to claim for a replacement windscreen on a 10 month old T6.1 Sportline. Markerstudy have refused to pay for a genuine VW windscreen even though it would affect the vehicle warranty so I'm having to stump up £450 to pay the extra for a genuine screen. My renewal is due in October so I'll be looking elsewhere
we went with Safeshield in the end

have you tried Safeshield ?
Thanks for the nudge but sorted:

As a relative newbie, I have found this post informative, Markerstudy will be avoided, I will look closer at Comfort next year. A Plan seem to be taking ages with an agreed value for me though... time will tell on that, and a chase up phone call!
I am glad its been helpful to another newbie , we got a few different quotes but went with Safeshield in the end as for us the best deal

if you mean they asked me the value and will insure it for that amount ? then yes , hope thats what you meant
No, an Agreed Value policy pays out that value in the event of a write-off. A standard policy (Market Value) will just pay out the market value of your van in the same circumstances.

How long you got until you need cover to start?

Back