L/Battery - go large or go lithium?

I’ll see if I have wire long enough from back to front
Excellent - it doesn't have to be a massive wire, as we'll keep the solar isolator off - all we want is power from the battery to the MPPT and for it to show the correct voltage - we won't actually be putting any amps through it.

If that fixes the issue then there's a problem somewhere in your existing HAB wiring.

I need to write down your settings and then change mine, can’t see it all and do all on phone

What would you do?
I wouldn't be happy with having the MPPT going via all that other wiring, it's a charger so ideally needs to be connected nice and close to the battery.

Personally, I'd relocate the MPPT by extending the MPPT side of the PV isolator wiring, extend that nearer the battery and mount the MPPT where you can do a direct, short positive and negative to your battery.

I’ve now lost all hab electrics again and the 40 fuse (culprit last time) isn’t fixing it

Is this something to do with me taking mppt out of circuit
If it is, then the wiring is even more of a mess than I thought! It's possible that the MPPT battery wiring was also part of the main 12v wiring, but that should not be how it works.

The route through to drivers seat from the rear where PV wires enters hab is a pig in birchovers.

Dav tec can attest with EVERTHING carpeted, that’s why I was so bloomin chuffed when someone advised I could spade piggy back.

Are there any other solutions anyone knows of? Ideally MPPT stays where it is? Anyone ideas around getting wire to drivers seat?

What have I done to kill all hab electrics this time? Is that an open circuit as MPPT wired out?

If it is, then the wiring is even more of a mess than I thought! It's possible that the MPPT battery wiring was also part of the main 12v wiring, but that should not be how it works.
I’ve rewired it back to how it was and hab electrics do indeed turn on WITH solar but not without

I wouldn't be happy with having the MPPT going via all that other wiring, it's a charger so ideally needs to be connected nice and close to the battery.

Personally, I'd relocate the MPPT by extending the MPPT side of the PV isolator wiring, extend that nearer the battery and mount the MPPT where you can do a direct, short positive and negative to your battery.
I think that’s overkill. My MPPT is in the rear wardrobe and LB under passenger seat and all works absolutely fine. The important thing is to have the right size cable to avoid voltage drop (I’ve used 16mm2 for the main run and have good connections (and as few as possible).

I’ve not time now for a detailed look but the issue (as before) is all to do with the front to back cable and potentially the MPPT wiring.

Chris - can you confirm the solar isolator is only on the pos and neg from the panels? Want to make sure you’ve not accidentally connected it to the output pos or neg.

I think that’s overkill. My MPPT is in the rear wardrobe and LB under passenger seat and all works absolutely fine. The important thing is to have the right size cable to avoid voltage drop (I’ve used 16mm2 for the main run and have good connections (and as few as possible).

I’ve not time now for a detailed look but the issue (as before) is all to do with the front to back cable and potentially the MPPT wiring.

Chris - can you confirm the solar isolator is only on the pos and neg from the panels? Want to make sure you’ve not accidentally connected it to the output pos or neg.
image.jpg

True, a run of the correct sized wiring from the MPPT to the battery would be just as good as you say.

Back