MIB2 PQ Discover Media - Infotainment mods, upgrade, FEC / SWaP

Hi all,
Good job, I want to do the same, the "Mega" link no longer work, has someone a solution to get the MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T ?
I got a H28 with MST2 EU VW PQ_P0356T
thanks in advance.

thanks welshkaiboy, I successfully installed the 478t.

I was in 356T, with HW 30(id 18), wifi A1A (C160) which is now C300.
I installed MIB2 tool box, unzip the MIB solution MST2_EU_VW_PQ_P0478T, and it applied in 15'.
Capture d’écran 2022-08-07 à 15.40.56.png

I add "off-road" with 3 adaptations
I add "driving school" with 2 adaptations
I add "computer info" with 2 adaptations
Capture d’écran 2022-08-07 à 15.40.16.png

But now, I got Few problems
no more park pilot:
Capture d’écran 2022-08-07 à 15.40.33.pngCapture d’écran 2022-08-07 à 15.40.44.png

"Vehicule status" doesn't work:
Capture d’écran 2022-08-07 à 15.40.01.png
I was thinking that I have no "car skin", I tried to extract them , but they are not present..

If you have an idea :)

So go into module 5F and look at what car skin is set to as a starting point
I have MK1 Tiguan so vehicle status is a bit hit and miss,I think status doesn't work on mine either but i do get fuel info, WIFI module doesn't work as older version (i updated from 2xx).
on the on screen clock in standby i see like 2050 as the year and it just goes around January lol

So go into module 5F and look at what car skin is set to as a starting point
I have MK1 Tiguan so vehicle status is a bit hit and miss,I think status doesn't work on mine either but i do get fuel info, WIFI module doesn't work as older version (i updated from 2xx).
on the on screen clock in standby i see like 2050 as the year and it just goes around January lol
where to go in module 5F?
in VCDS, I don't see the car skin option..

sorry not module 5F, look at link below which saves me for looking at my car

I must be stupid, but I don't found where to set the correct byte for my T6...
in VCDS -> 5F -> adaptation?
in a long code?

Capture d’écran 2022-08-08 à 20.15.09.png
I don't have a "37 module", or I don't understand where it is.

I trier a lot of things, and in 5F, if I change byte 0-2 to crafter, I see my park pilot
Capture d’écran 2022-08-08 à 20.29.49.png
(on an old post, Robert said that only crafter work)
tempImageDpJAxa.jpg

=> now the question is , how to create a car skin for Multivan/T6 ?

are you using old VCDS coding or the new that comes with a warning? i recall that different vehicles were listed depending on which one you selected

Right i checked mine and only crafter works. I also use the newer Tiguan shape as 5N gives a Golf image.

Sometimes updates to older models doesn't always give you better. As i said i lost my WIFI but have gained other things

maybe Robert can help get what you want ?

Yes I have seen that he made the work !!
@Robert , what is the best practice ?
Modify the crafter skin or create a new one and bind it to T6?

Ok, I will replace crafter ones, I think it is easier :)

Yes I have seen that he made the work !!
@Robert , what is the best practice ?
Modify the crafter skin or create a new one and bind it to T6?
I've got most of the way there with replacing the Crafter graphics with T6/6.1 ones I've lifted from various firmwares...
The only issue is they aren't all the same resolution, and I imagine I will need to resize them whilst maintaining transparency, which is why it ended up on the back burner. I'll dig them all out again and send them to my sister who's a graphic designer and get her to sort them, then roll it into a nice easy to use skin package

I have try the 480t, but no more "vehicule" menu.
in the skin there is no more big picture of vehicule, I think they have remove this feature in this version, I must comme back to 478.
someone know the purpose of the different directory "skin0" "skin1" "skin4" ?

Back