New Defender Vs T6.1

harveyj09

Window Tinter
T6 Guru
Anyone had/got the new Defender commercial? Always said I’d never have a new JLR product, but I’ve been looking at them and now considering it. Would be a used 21/22 reg.

Been in a few, really like em and feel really nice to be in, but if you do get one park up to something as they like to tin open the front end for the lights. Had a few in for this unfortunately.

Get the 250/300d. 6 in line diesel the best engine to have. Super refined, lot more torque than the btdi t6.1 and more power. Same mpg. Air suspension must have. Not quite supple as the fat Range Rover but overall one step better in terms of suspension compared to the most comfortable aftermarket suspension kit you can buy for the Transporter. Space wise… no comparison. The Transporter is so much bigger and versatile.
The defender looks bad ass. Avoid the 2.0d ingenium, problematic and not reliable.
The Defender is well put together and the 6 in line seems indestructible. And of course you have all the off road capabilities the Transporter can’t offer.

Got both,
Sorry defender blinds the Transporter
Power is good, smooth, quite comfortable
Sorry as I still love my transporter

I’m selling my Defender shortly to purchase a D350 that’s how good they are

Been in a few, really like em and feel really nice to be in, but if you do get one park up to something as they like to tin open the front end for the lights. Had a few in for this unfortunately.
Yes I’ve seen the drl are failing now and expensive to replace.

I’ll see if my work gear fits in the back and take it from there. Need 60” length at least.

I hired one in Scotland recently and loved it. Close to 600 miles on a tank which was pretty impressive I thought. So much so that I was looking at getting one but the insurance quotes I was receiving (much in the press about this at the moment) put me off.
£3500k pa for someone with a clean licence, 50 years old with full no claims. f*** that

My dads got a 110 commercial looks great I’ve been tempted to sell the t6.1 sportline but it works too well for my trade and children

I always thought I'd end up with Landy but they were always out of budget yet here I am having spent considerably more on a van with fancy insides, it's a funny old world.

Love them as vehicles but the crazy theft risk of both the new and old versions means I'll likely never own one.

I hired one in Scotland recently and loved it. Close to 600 miles on a tank which was pretty impressive I thought. So much so that I was looking at getting one but the insurance quotes I was receiving (much in the press about this at the moment) put me off.
£3500k pa for someone with a clean licence, 50 years old with full no claims. f*** that
Just enquired and can get it in my business insurance for no extra premium but excess would be an extra 5% of the value.

My dads got a 110 commercial looks great I’ve been tempted to sell the t6.1 sportline but it works too well for my trade and children
Yeah the van does everything I need was just tempted by a black commercial with some urban bits on. Need to think about it.

I always thought I'd end up with Landy but they were always out of budget yet here I am having spent considerably more on a van with fancy insides, it's a funny old world.

Love them as vehicles but the crazy theft risk of both the new and old versions means I'll likely never own one.
The theft risk and unreliability of previous Range Rover sport Makes me not jump straight in.

My son was a tech for JLR. He didn't rate the build quality of the new Defender. At least once a week a newly delivered one would be back in for a new engine.

Back