P20EE fault code rectification

³
Did you clear the fault memory between the runs? Just to get fresh start for each run - as this fault is based on NOx emission accumulation over time.
Did you check fault memory after 90 mile run - to see if there the fault was already in pending state?

Did you read the fault memory without stopping the engine? Or did you cycle the igntiion - as this usually moves the fault from active to intermittent state?
Seems I did the first run right
But the second run I hadn't cleared memory and did wonder if it counted at 2 runs or 1 235 mile run and did turn off ignition as needed to unlock dash board
Thank-you @mmi your good at this
More runs planned

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Squashtec......brilliant.
Dav-tecs long lost brother ;)
Dont think I'm going to get anywhere without my glasses in fault finding
Can see I will.be stood under the tyre machine picking up.weights thinking their bits that fell.off the van

My eyes have only just started to get bad so keep.forgetting I need the glasses

I hope to get the software upgraded
Meanwhile - what to expect from updated software -

Meanwhile - what to expect from updated software -
I am convinced your right with the software issue @mmi
It's not going to be easy to get it done without ensuring there is no other faults for the dealer to find otherwise they won't progress as its a n1 cat van and will instead look at other issues and charges
The tuning may be an issue with the dealer I will need a copy of it or remove it before submitting the van for software upgrades

I still.have a lot to.learn with the obd11 only 1st week with it so it's a sharp learning curve and my knowledge of diesels is very limited but data lines and wiring I'm better with and the adblue / exhaust system although busy makes sense as a tech drawing of parts and I will be relying on the mechanics for anything that looks out of place and locating parts such as ecu for connections (to establish its complete and no water ingress )
Also.need to check no other tuning devices are connected to the ecu as its obviously been played with in regards to.upgrades

Last edited:
@mmi I am now convinced that your right it's not the sensor and am watching the adblue usage - corrected the way I'm monitoring now and using backup facility
Odb does initially give some calcs on particles delivered (ppm) and adblue tank fill levels as a percentage now I have found these figures just need to work out how to.monitor for rough accuracy
I believe the size of adblue tank is 13 litres I'm currently at 74% full using 0.01l calculated required 0.05l (this will be estimated at best and will.need some monitoring and calculation on usage to confirm)
This needs further monitoring to see if it changes
Obviously if adblue is under dispensed readings at nox sensor would be wrong and may be another issue as well as software update (as you said usage would increase by 3 times )
Also you where correct the fault was pending intermittent without the eml light on the dash when I checked it

Last edited:
A big thank you you have saved me days and cash already - already feel better now I can see soot , ash levels and adblue usage and at least I know some adblue is going through

If you are an Android user - an alternative inexpensive but actually very powerful tool for data monitoring and recording was introduced below

If you are an Android user - an alternative unexpensive but actually very powerful tool for data monitoring and recording was introduced below
Thank-you this will be very useful
Downloaded directly via play store looks fantastic

Last edited:
Back