Photography

Been using a 5DMk.III for nearly 12 years now, excellent camera. Mine usually equipped with a 33-year-old Canon 35 to 135mm zoom, or a Sigma 150 to 600mm zoom when there are old aeroplanes or wildlife about.

And speaking of old aeroplanes and photography, is anyone else here camping at Old Warden at the end of June?

In a previous life I was a photog on cruise ships. In 1997 we trialled a new type of camera, the Nikon DCS 460 with a 6MP sensor! It could take one shot every 6 seconds or take 2 shots in succession but then you had to wait 10 seconds for it to write to the fag packet sized memory card. We then linked the photos to set-top boxes on the tv in the passengers cabins and they could red button order the prints from there which were printed on an A4 dye sub printer in our office. Saved us from hand processing up to 100 rolls of colour film a day!

Not bad for the $25,000 price tag for each camera! :oops:

Had the pleasure of photographing a couple of fox cubs the last 2 afternoons. Spotted them while walking the dogs couple of days ago so I dusted the camera off and armed with a tin of dog food, off I went and what a great experience it was. 3 (3).jpg

Thank You. That was 1am in the morning, no moon that night. Slightly too long of an exposure though. If I took that again, it would be a totally different image

Helmet_Man_2.JPG

Visited Sutton Hoo the other week. I was photographing the famous helmet when this guy came up from the other side of the display cabinet and started reading the cards. I managed to grab a couple like this but this is the better one!

Back