(Solved) Van won't start after work on the wiring under the passenger seat.

Lee8210

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Van won't start after work on the wiring under the passenger seat

I have removed the seats and the floor rubber matt to sound deaden, could I have caught something?

The ignition comes on but it won't even attempt to turn over,the battery is fine and I have even tried a jump pack.

I have removed relays and fuses from under the seat for the split charge and towing electrics would this have caused a problem?

This came off the dsg illumination but surely this wouldn't cause the problem would it?
1000032432.jpg

ECU needs to know that DSG is either in PARK or in NEUTRAL to crank the engine.
Looks like in your case it is missing that information.

It changes on the dash so it should know what is selected, surely these are just the the lights that don't work?

20230725_202120.jpg

yeah just the lights, i have run mine with that display unplugged and it worked fine

trying to think what could be under the seat that would cause something like this, have you plugged everything back in again ?
what lights are you seeing on the dash ? any errors showing ?

yeah just the lights, i have run mine with that display unplugged and it worked fine

trying to think what could be under the seat that would cause something like this, have you plugged everything back in again ?
what lights are you seeing on the dash ? any errors showing ?
No errors, everything is doing what it should apart from not turning over, I'm going to put the stuff back in that I had removed

Does the orange engine light stay on until the engine starts? I can't remember.

I'm going to check the fuses under the dash, awkward to get to, might have to remove panels.

Still nothing, can't see what I'm doing so it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Checked all fuses under the dash and the main one in the engine, all good.

Best to disconnect the battery if doing a lot of electrical work that doesn’t require power, that will avoid blowing fuses if there is an accidental short circuit.

I removed the local fuses under the seat and thought everything was dead, maybe I missed something, the only fuses I haven't checked are the ones under the battery.

So frustrating when these things happen! Stupid question but can you retrace your steps and undo what you have done??

Not sure if this makes a difference but I removed and refitted the following: passenger seat, drivers seat and handbrake, lower half of the dash and had the rubber cab floor out.
Just in case there is something anyone thinks I may have knocked in any of those areas.

Back