T6.1 auto clock change?

Been away and jumped into the van yesterday to see the clock on my one month old T6.1 hasn't auto adjusted for GMT (full digital cockpit). I'm 99% certain its set to 'auto daylight saving' (or however its described) in the settings, or am I missing something?

I pretty sure you have to manually select your time zone, so before you would be on GMT +1 or BST, or such like. They don't auto adjust. The one in out 21 Tiguan certainly doesn't.

None of our VAG cars or the van adjusts automatically, although the settings seem to suggest that they should. I need to tick/untick the GMT +1hr box each time.
Or, I could look on it as being pre-set for next March?

Thanks for the replies, at least I'm not going completely bonkers, but JFC, talk about prehistoric design!

What with a '1950's tech' new VW and a hybid Range Rover in the yard, I'm doomed!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CAB
My current Kenwood head unit (circa 2017 vintage) in the T6 changed automatically.

None of my VAG vehicles have ever changed despite having the ‘top end’ infotainment options and being ‘connected’ via apps and inbuilt GPS and phone connections. But two would switch adaptive headlights from driving on LHS to RHS when gettting off the ferry in France and return to UK.

Reactions: CAB
I was surprised when rushing back from the Morrisons tonight that my 2020 6.1 made me think I was an hour late home, most upsetting! I was looking forward to an empty house with wifey and daughter Karate-ing, but they were still at home.... chores ensued...

I'm 99% certain its set to 'auto daylight saving' (or however its described) in the settings, or am I missing something?
Yeah I thought the DST tick box in the settings did that until I took the van out for the first time for a while today. It just adds an hour to the time when ticked and not when not.

Given all the tech in the van that's a little bit bobbins.

I’m wondering if it’s something in the We Connect app that has changed the time on mine.

I'm still smiling over the word 'Bobbins', with your permission @roadtripper It would be a pleasure to incorporate said word into my daily conversation! Birmingham folk tend to use the word 'Wotsit' for similar occasions... a refreshing change to far stronger descriptive terminology I may have used in that particular instance!

Yeah I thought the DST tick box in the settings did that until I took the van out for the first time for a while today. It just adds an hour to the time when ticked and not when not.
DST adds an hour. You'll have worked this out by now, but for those who haven't, you need to set the correct time now with DST unticked. They in March tick it to add an hour followed by unticking it in October to go back one.

Remember, Greenwich Mean Time is our winter time, British Summer Time (or as the Germans put on our dashboard DST) is GMT+1

Back