T6.1 new order delays

I didn’t get any price increase on mine, after waiting just over a year for it to arrive. You must have waited a very long time already, I’ve had mine for over 10 months now. My dealer said something about as it wasn’t now available to order they just kept the original price.

I hope the closing of order books signals the freezing of prices and no increases on outstanding orders….

Hi all, can someone possible shed a little light on the VW price promise. I ordered a Black Edition kombi back in September 2021. I’ve been informed that the order has now gone to status 20 with a build week of 09 and likely to be ready June/July after it’s gone and had all the Sportline stuff added.
The dealer hasn’t mentioned that there will be a price increase on my original order however, is this something that I should expect?
Thanks in advance
Hi Paul. I ordered my van May 2021 and it arrived last month. I was charged an additional £2.3k and was told this related to the Dec 2021 price increase. It's a long story, but I'm currently disputing the increase because I believe they breached the contract of sale by not providing me with notice of the increase (they didn't inform me until they sent a "your van is ready and your balance is now due" email).

The one thing I would recommend is to NOT chase-up the dealer on the subject of price increases, as this may well prompt them to give you the notice that they are required to provide.

They have now cancelled all new orders on new t6.1 .. it’s now discontinued.. they are now prepping for the new t7

Confirmed by vw today
Is that actually the case? My understanding is that VW simply closed the order book for new T6.1 orders and that all existing orders would be honoured.

Hi Paul. I ordered my van May 2021 and it arrived last month. I was charged an additional £2.3k and was told this related to the Dec 2021 price increase. It's a long story, but I'm currently disputing the increase because I believe they breached the contract of sale by not providing me with notice of the increase (they didn't inform me until they sent a "your van is ready and your balance is now due" email).

The one thing I would recommend is to NOT chase-up the dealer on the subject of price increases, as this may well prompt them to give you the notice that they are required to provide.
Sounds like great advice! Thanks for the reply

Reactions: Bav
Is that actually the case? My understanding is that VW simply closed the order book for new T6.1 orders and that all existing orders would be honoured.
You are correct. Existing orders will be fulfilled. (Hopefully) no new orders…

I just came from Cardiff VW Van Center and the have said that VW have canned all orders of 6.1 Transporters as of Friday 3rd March then. Great.

I just came from Cardiff VW Van Center and the have said that VW have canned all orders of 6.1 Transporters as of Friday 3rd March then. Great.
VW are not cancelling orders already placed. As of 3 March, they have stopped taking new orders.

That seems to be correct. From what has been said previously, VW are reported to have confirmed that all outstanding orders will be supplied. Unfortunately, they have done their usual number and not provided any useful information or made any announcements about when their new medium van replacement will be available. Ford on the other hand have been fairly forthcoming about their Transit replacement drip-feeding information to the media. From what has been published so far, the new Transit will probably be announced late summer. It is understood to start production in the autumn with deliveries starting to come through in early 2024.

As the Transporter T6.1 replacement will be a VW badge-engineered version of the new Transit that will be made on the same production line in Turkey, I think it’s fair to assume we‘ll see the launch of the new Transporter (T8?) in the summer with the first deliveries of the new van arriving in early 2024.

VW are not cancelling orders already placed. As of 3 March, they have stopped taking new orders.
Yeah, meant canned any ‘new’ orders. Although the guy in Cardiff VW said orders taken Thursday 2nd and awaiting a response were cancelled and he had to return the deposits to a few customers.

I spoke to VW Swansea yesterday and they stated that some people have had orders pulled from the end of February so I'm not so sure. I imagine it is dependent on spec and which options you have ticked.

I spoke to VW Swansea yesterday and they stated that some people have had orders pulled from the end of February so I'm not so sure. I imagine it is dependent on spec and which options you have ticked.
That sounds eminently plausible, but "VW have canned all orders..." is misinformation and shouldn't be propagated.

Seems and odd way to do business, not honouring existing orders, nor give even a cursory heads up that they would be pulling the 6.1 from the 3rd March. It seems the first the dealers new was when they couldn’t process orders.

That sounds eminently plausible, but "VW have canned all orders..." is misinformation and shouldn't be propagated.
I’ll amend it if that’s possible, otherwise you quoting the mistake I’ve already stated as such is tantamount to propagating it.

Reactions: AKG
Back