T6.1 new order delays

Wow, so the T6.1 is done? I’m really surprised VW haven’t made a proper announcement of a replacement……not! Are they going for “ less is more”? or just incompetent?

Seems to have gone out with a wimper. Shame for a vehicle that's been on the road, in one form or another, since 1949.

Wow, so the T6.1 is done? I’m really surprised VW haven’t made a proper announcement of a replacement……not! Are they going for “ less is more”? or just incompetent?
It sounded odd to me, but the dealerships and other outlets I have spoken to, didn’t know it was ending Friday and have no info on what will be replacing it, they were all clueless and vague as they have had no info from VW on any specifics. I imagine it will be the transit with a VW badge. Looks crap in my opinion and I imagine the Transit will be a cheaper van.

I picked my new van up today.
The dealer said they’re continuing production til next June. . . Surely there’s not that much of a back log

The dealer said they’re continuing production til next June. . . Surely there’s not that much of a back log
That's less than 16 months away. There are plenty of people who've had to wait longer than that for their van, so it's entirely feasible that there's that much of a backlog.

I wonder if they will move to manufacturing in Order Date order. As I type I know it is a silly question and far to rational.

I wonder if they will move to manufacturing in Order Date order. As I type I know it is a silly question and far to rational.
Based on VW’s past record, it seems highly unlikely. Having had a high spec T32 204PS LWB 4Motion DSG Highline panel van on order since June 2021 and still not got a confirmed production date, it seems that there’s a strong correlation between the specification and the production date. In a nutshell, the simpler the spec the earlier the production date.

Based on VW’s past record, it seems highly unlikely. Having had a high spec T32 204PS LWB 4Motion DSG Highline panel van on order since June 2021 and still not got a confirmed production date, it seems that there’s a strong correlation between the specification and the production date. In a nutshell, the simpler the spec the earlier the production date.
that’s a ridiculous amount of time.. I ordered July 22 so will be 2024 before I see mine who did you order with?

that’s a ridiculous amount of time.. I ordered July 22 so will be 2024 before I see mine who did you order with?
Indeed. It was ordered through JCT600 Van Centre in Sheffield via a VW Approved Converter (for a campervan conversion). VW acknowledged the order in the third week of June 2021.

I ordered mine in July 22 too, was told I’d get it July this year , however I really can’t see that happening. But I live in hope .

I was told 12 months.. What spec? I’ve ordered kombi 204 with £3k extras which might delay things
Mines a Kombi 204 too with 4motion, diff lock, rear cam , LED’s. Gone through a broker and seems those who have ordered through them have had mega waits , however most seem to be 4motion.

@Lincslad, @Weedtec - just to give you some hope, I now have my van, but 3 months prior to it being delivered I was still sat with an order status '00' ("order form fallen down back of filing cabinet"). So, things can change quickly - even more so (you'd hope) now that they've closed the order book.

Mine was ordered 2nd August 22 and delivered 30th January 23… with about 4 grand of extras through Listers commercials of Coventry.

Well been told today that I have a build week in June with an expected delivery of August, ordered in May 2022.

When did you order and what spec did you go for
Ordered May 2022

T30 Kombi Highline SWB 150 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG

Colour
:
Ascot Grey
Interior:
Titanium Black/Titanium Black- Palladium/Black
Options:
Direct Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
Fuel tank with a volume of 80 l
Heated washer nozzles in front and washer fluid level indicator
LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights (Tailgate) with red tail lights
Power latching for passenger side sliding door
Rear view camera
Reinforced suspension system in rear
Swivel seat in cab, driver
Swivel seat in cab, passenger
Towbar - preparation (incl. trailer stabilisation)
Window Van package
Without rear model badge
Without special seat

Back