T6.1 Reduce Oil warning

Whatch that mate. Sorted mine out. I had the kight keep coming on too every 80 miles or so....open bonnet dissapears, 80 miles later back on. Since followed this not been back on since done about 3000miles

Also, if my van is doing a regen I won't turn it off, I will wait till it's finished.

Whatch that mate. Sorted mine out. I had the kight keep coming on too every 80 miles or so....open bonnet dissapears, 80 miles later back on. Since followed this not been back on since done about 3000miles
Meant to say that too. I have, got the oil syringe there and defo trying this. Its a great video TBF

Starting to recognise when it’s doing a regen too now.

3000 miles sounds pretty definitive to me.

I had oil and filter change, new sensor... didnt do the trick. Then did this and it's sorted by the looks of it. I leave it around 3/4.

Regen, I look at the revs on idle. Usually around 800... when doing regen is about a 1000, smells hot the engine does too when you go outside.
Hope you get it sorted as i know how annoying it is and my past expirences have helped in some way

I had oil and filter change, new sensor... didnt do the trick. Then did this and it's sorted by the looks of it. I leave it around 3/4.

Regen, I look at the revs on idle. Usually around 800... when doing regen is about a 1000, smells hot the engine does too when you go outside.
Hope you get it sorted as i know how annoying it is and my past expirences have helped in some way
How many miles did you do with the reduced oil level to reset the sensor? I’ve just pulled some oil out earlier and went for a 104 mile drive and nothing so far. Taking it to a site meeting tomorrow 120 mile round trip too. Doesn’t the bonnet catch reset again when you top up?

How many miles did you do with the reduced oil level to reset the sensor? I’ve just pulled some oil out earlier and went for a 104 mile drive and nothing so far. Taking it to a site meeting tomorrow 120 mile round trip too. Doesn’t the bonnet catch reset again when you top up?
That will be fine mate, sure I did about 120. Top it up when you get back. Yes opening the bonnet turns off the oil light.

That will be fine mate, sure I did about 120. Top it up when you get back. Yes opening the bonnet turns off the oil light.
Light back on way to five a sides :mad:
I’ll have to see where the dipstick is tomorrow and try again :rolleyes:

I had this oil too high issue over a year ago whilst on a 200 mile trip up north to have my solar panel replaced. Following the advice on that youtube video above, I bought a £10 siphon pump from my local Karparts place and pulled out 400 ml of oil through the dipstick tube. My oil too high warning came on once more after that, but has now been silent for 12 months. Following a recent service, the oil was changed and filled back up to maximum, I took out half a litre to measure halfway up the crosshatching on the dipstick. I firmly believe the issue is oil expansion and not contamination having spent £30 odd on an oil analysis which showed no dilution of oil.
As @archersam says, halfway up the crosshatching is the way forward!

I had this oil too high issue over a year ago whilst on a 200 mile trip up north to have my solar panel replaced. Following the advice on that youtube video above, I bought a £10 siphon pump from my local Karparts place and pulled out 400 ml of oil through the dipstick tube. My oil too high warning came on once more after that, but has now been silent for 12 months. Following a recent service, the oil was changed and filled back up to maximum, I took out half a litre to measure halfway up the crosshatching on the dipstick. I firmly believe the issue is oil expansion and not contamination having spent £30 odd on an oil analysis which showed no dilution of oil.
As @archersam says, halfway up the crosshatching is the way forward!
Cheers dude. It’s driving me nuts. I followed the video and thought I’d cracked it yesterday. Need to spend a bit of time sorting tomorrow again. This van! At least my wheels and tyres are now sorted lol.

What am I doing wrong now that the light is still coming on?? Look how low I have the oil?

Be patient! Give it another 60 mile fling, bonnet up, lose the angry yellow warning light, then see what happens before you despair further! It's doing what mine did over a year ago.
So I am 200 miles on again and no light yet. Gonna run it a few hundred at the weekend and top up a bit before my long drive to Devon next week :)

Also, no idea if it has made any dirrence, I set my stop/start delete back to factory while I ran the van. Just had a strange feeling that may have affected the oil light, no techy knowledge behind that, just a hunch. Maybe just a coincidence. I can get on with falling in love my van again.

Also, no idea if it has made any dirrence, I set my stop/start delete back to factory while I ran the van. Just had a strange feeling that may have affected the oil light, no techy knowledge behind that, just a hunch. Maybe just a coincidence. I can get on with falling in love my van again.
How are you getting on with it.

Picked our T6.1 up this afternoon and 60 miles in, I learned about this bloody light... not the best start :-(

How are you getting on with it.

Picked our T6.1 up this afternoon and 60 miles in, I learned about this bloody light... not the best start :-(
Good news is that video seems to be spot on. I had the light briefly after reducing to 1/3 on the dipstick. Did 300+ miles and no light. I just topped up about 200ml today and have did 200 miles to a site just outside Preston on route to Paignton. I’ll update when I get there and back but seems good so far.

Good news is that video seems to be spot on. I had the light briefly after reducing to 1/3 on the dipstick. Did 300+ miles and no light. I just topped up about 200ml today and have did 200 miles to a site just outside Preston on route to Paignton. I’ll update when I get there and back but seems good so far.
Just in case you need the vid again.

Back