Evening all. Got a set of Dutchy banded steels in my garage that I’m going to be putting on my van but the bolts that I have don’t seem to allow the centre caps to fit on. Does anyone know what type and length bolts I need for them? Cheers

IMG_0310.jpeg

Does anybody know what kind/type of sealant Duchy used for the inner bead in the rim?
Just to jump in on this question. Also keen to hear from people that know what sealant is best for the inner bead, but also generally what treatment is best for a freshly banded and powercoated set of wheels?

Just to jump in on this question. Also keen to hear from people that know what sealant is best for the inner bead, but also generally what treatment is best for a freshly banded and powercoated set of wheels?
I ceramic coated mine with gyeon wheels. Mild soap and jet wash off,brake dust be gone.

Wont it be clear sealent?. Whatever he used its good stuff.

Mine isn’t clear it looks more white. That said they have been dipped and blasted and the refurb person tried to take the bead out without consulting me first so the bead isn’t looking the best so i need to take out existing bead and replace asap

Mine looks clear but have been powder coated bronze. Though you can tell the sealent wasnt bronze if that makes sense.

Hi Ryangerry
I have one up for sale the same as yours on an 18 plate with 51800miles,the garage has offered £18500 part ex I think that's low
A penny for your thoughts
Cheers

Does anybody know what kind/type of sealant Duchy used for the inner bead in the rim?
Brothers, as long as the sealant is the type that remains flexible when cured it will do. PU sealant is ideal. Best to degrease/clean the welds before you run a bead of sealer around, just so you get the best adhesion you can, then just finger it into the seams.
You can run masking tape either side of the welds before the sealer to give you nice clean lines afterwards.

Back