THQ Full LED Headlights for T6

Some have them in stock but I believe the first batch had an issue which means an extra loom is required. Decided to wait until they’ve been sorted and THQ officially launch them

Hey bud.. any news on these??
I've fitted two sets at the cave today. They aren't available to retail customers yet, but soon will be I think. Trade customers like us can supply and fit though. As said in the other post you've been linked to, they are £100 cheaper than normal for the first batch, which makes them £799.95 plus fitting.

Some have them in stock but I believe the first batch had an issue which means an extra loom is required. Decided to wait until they’ve been sorted and THQ officially launch them
The extra loom really isn't anything to be worried about. Everything works as it should and it's still a tidy install if done well.

It would be interesting to see pics and hear thoughts once they have been used in the dark.

Any details on the T6 version? Or is the design and function the same as the T6.1?
Function is much the same. You can have either dynamic or fade for the indicators and white or orange for DRLs (orange for show use only). DRLs go off when indicating and the indicator is very bright.

Both projectors illuminate on dipped beam and are very powerful with a clear and sharp cut off. Full beam adds the upper section of the beam which is slightly more focused for excellent longer range illumination.

Here are the catalogue shots from THQ, which are far better than the dodgy photos I took on my phone in the rain earlier today!

The DRLs are very bright with headlights off, but dim nicely when headlights are turned on.

DRLs and projectors all illuminate in a fancy startup sequence when you turn on the ignition.

929e7a6e-ca41-4070-ad23-3495e6f8932f.jpeg
5b88a6c3-0761-4f53-bdef-df68c3c8f870.jpeg
3abdfd36-47f6-4e84-b6dc-9cb54ee23649.jpeg
48e9d9a7-fc5e-4ff9-a7bc-0e4c463ffb83.jpeg

Function is much the same. You can have either dynamic or fade for the indicators and white or orange for DRLs (orange for show use only). DRLs go off when indicating and the indicator is very bright.

Both projectors illuminate on dipped beam and are very powerful with a clear and sharp cut off. Full beam adds the upper section of the beam which is slightly more focused for excellent longer range illumination.

Here are the catalogue shots from THQ, which are far better than the dodgy photos I took on my phone in the rain earlier today!

The DRLs are very bright with headlights off, but dim nicely when headlights are turned on.

DRLs and projectors all illuminate in a fancy startup sequence when you turn on the ignition.

View attachment 260463
View attachment 260464
View attachment 260465
Look very nice those :thumbsup: quick question about having start/stop/bluemotion, seen on other sites about having to recode due to error lights - would that be the case as my van got BM/S/S...

I've fitted two sets at the cave today. They aren't available to retail customers yet, but soon will be I think. Trade customers like us can supply and fit though. As said in the other post you've been linked to, they are £100 cheaper than normal for the first batch, which makes them £799.95 plus fitting.
Can you pm me a fitted price, fitting time etc. cheers :thumbsup:

It would be interesting to see pics and hear thoughts once they have been used in the dark.
Chris @The Van Cave fitted a set for me yesterday so I went for a drive last night. They are incredible, can finally see safely. When someone with led lights is behind you no longer have a giant dark van shadow in front like I found with the h7. They also look awesome especially the indicators.

Very happy with the install, Chris has kept it all neat and tidy. Worth the discount. It’s more money in the pot for other upgrades.

Are these a full LED solution then with LED drivers/modules and LED units or do they use an LED 'bulb' assembly?

Are these a full LED solution then with LED drivers/modules and LED units or do they use an LED 'bulb' assembly?
They are full LED units with control modules built in. At least as good as OEM T6 LED headlights.

Interesting as there will be less work than fitting OEM units.
The last enquiry I made about OEM, the price I was quoted was £1200 + VAT (from a breaker) to include everything - light units, levelling sensors, modules and wiring loom

At £1k for aftermarket, I'd consider stumping the extra for the OEM kit, but there's more work involved.

Interesting as there will be less work than fitting OEM units.
The last enquiry I made about OEM, the price I was quoted was £1200 + VAT (from a breaker) to include everything - light units, levelling sensors, modules and wiring loom

At £1k for aftermarket, I'd consider stumping the extra for the OEM kit, but there's more work involved.
A lot depends on who is fitting it.

If it’s DIY then the THQ ones are currently £799.95 retail and are much more straightforward to fit. If you’re paying for installation then you should get change from £1k all in.

£1200+ VAT is a fantastic price for the OEM stuff, although it would be interesting to see what the loom they are selling includes. A lot more work fitting of course, plus a fair bit of coding to do, but that’s not going to cost if it’s a DIY install. If you’re paying for installation then it’s significantly more than the aftermarket route.

Yes I think the OE kit would be a lot of work, but when I was last in there, if they had a van with a complete OE kit, it was removed and sold complete for £1200 + VAT.

Yes I think the OE kit would be a lot of work, but when I was last in there, if they had a van with a complete OE kit, it was removed and sold complete for £1200 + VAT.
That seems like a very good price, about half what I thought parts would be for the full retrofit kit. I would say if you can get the parts at that price then go for it! Put aside a few days to read the 1000+ post thread on install and coding though ;)

That seems like a very good price, about half what I thought parts would be for the full retrofit kit. I would say if you can get the parts at that price then go for it! Put aside a few days to read the 1000+ post thread on install and coding though ;)
Been searching for what i call Caravelle LED's, i do like them, not easy to get but damn expensive! seen £3k + for them.. some on the bay of e's for £1k + but with no modules etc as well as the fact of needing to be installed & coded... AliExpress are doing for them around £600 but what are you going to get as well as what would you need for the complete install?
I'm going for the lights which @Jimer has had installed.

I reckon by the time I bought LED bulbs, CANBUS whatsanames (decoders, but I don't think they were strictly necessary although on the dipped beam only, there is no flicker - the main beam, which doesn't have a decoder flickers a bit on startup) and the generic ish V2/V3/V4 headlight (sequential indicator), I was into it for about £550.
I wonder if, given time, the price of these will start to come down a little (I doubt it will happen soon as these look like a nice solution for a ready to go LED).

Does anybody know how many lumens they produce? Do they sit inside the 2k limit for not needing self levelling and washers?

Fitted today by Chris @The Van Cave

Huge thanks to Chris for getting this sorted for me, especially on a Sunday morning (DHL throwing the proverbial spanner in the works on my original appointment).

Extremely happy with these, coming from H4’s. And they very much look the part. Looking forward to a late night call out, which isn’t something I ever thought I’d say!

Top bloke is Chris, I highly recommend his services if anyone is considering paying him a visit. Enjoy the family lunch mate!

IMG_7345.jpeg
IMG_7349.jpeg
IMG_7350.jpeg

Back