VW All-in plan

I finally paid for 'All In Extended Warranty' today. Maybe I missed it when I looked at the detail before but I hadn't realised that the service plan actually goes out to 3 August 2024. I suspect that I'll get mine done every 12 months anyway but it's nice to know that there's a bit of flexibility. This is an extract showing what's included:

Customer name: Mr *************
Vehicle description: TRANSPORTER T28 HLN TDI B
Vehicle registration: **18N**

Service agreement number: *******************
Service agreement start date: 04/08/2021
Service agreement end date: 03/08/2024

Warranty policy number: *******************
Warranty policy start date: 04/08/2021
Warranty policy end date: 03/08/2023

Roadside Assistance start date: 04/08/2021
Roadside Assistance end date: 03/08/2023

Payment type: One-off
Total cost: £839.30

Has any one taken this offer up?

My warranty is due to run out this year and for £839.28 it seems pretty good.

Attachments

• ALL IN.pdf
    723.2 KB · Views: 16
I've been told i cant have it as i have the factory extended warranty for years 4 and 5.

So, have they offered you a service plan to support the extended warranty? It would be a bit unfair if not!
no they haven't . .

they just left me hanging. . . "No you cant have both"

might try calling VWCV HQ and ask them.

i mainly wanted it for the VW assist service . . .

no they haven't . .

they just left me hanging. . . "No you cant have both"

might try calling VWCV HQ and ask them.

i mainly wanted it for the VW assist service . . .
Exactly! There has to be a degree of fairness. Are they denying you an opportunity they offer others because you availed their “peace of mind” warranty extension?

@JOG. Fairness? You seem to forget that we're talking about VW here - from your previous posts, you never really struck me as that naive:).
@Dellmassive. Are you likely to be keeping the van after 5 year factory warranty expires? I ask as the All In is currently available for vans up to 6 years old (but I guess there's no guarantee that it will still be around in the future). Also, I was under the impression that you could buy VW Assist separately (albeit, it would probably cost an an arm and a leg!).

@Ayjay - yes ill be keeping the van after the 5yrs.

and yes . . i asked them about separate VW Assist . .

they said they would ask the mothership. . . . as unknown.

i was asking about 2month ago when it was all new . . . I'm not sure the dealer knew exactly what it was all about.

ill try the dealer again . . . and try VWCV customer services.

see where i get. ( just been a bit busy recently so been slacking chasing it up)

@Ayjay - I am a confirmed and hardened piss-taking cynic…..but I rail against bullies or unfairness!
Regarding the “fairness”, my steer to @Dellmassive is to check whether there is a clause that states “cannot be used in conjunction with other offers” and that such clause existed when taking out the extended warranty. Without such provision, VW could be viewed as treating him differently from other customers which could put them in a precarious position if challenged! One doesn’t have to be “a woke snowflake” to be discriminated against!!!

The service plans are dealt with on a different system to the factory extended warranty. My van centre have been trying to register the all in deal for over 2 weeks now since my factory warranty expired but they can't because the "All In" system won't recognise my van. Their service and warranty system recognise it and I can go online and apply for extended warranty and it recognises it but if I apply online for a service plan then it doesn't recognise it. I'm getting nowhere fast with this.:(

The service plans are dealt with on a different system to the factory extended warranty. My van centre have been trying to register the all in deal for over 2 weeks now since my factory warranty expired but they can't because the "All In" system won't recognise my van. Their service and warranty system recognise it and I can go online and apply for extended warranty and it recognises it but if I apply online for a service plan then it doesn't recognise it. I'm getting nowhere fast with this.:(
Sounds similar to me..

Keep us posted if you manage to sort it.

Damn, looks like i might have scuppered myself with this one, i intended to take this out when my van is 3 in October. I had a broken spring that wasnt covered by warranty so sensibly (i thought) i’ve installed coilovers that have their own warranty. However i’ll go for an elegibility check and see what happens. Does anyone know if there is a mileage limit on this, i know your van needs to be under 100k on sign up. But is there an upper limit of mileage during the warranty period?

@Geordman they won’t allow you to have the ‘all in’ plan if you have non OEM suspension. Myself and few others have been through the process and they just won’t budge on this.

Damn, looks like i might have scuppered myself with this one, i intended to take this out when my van is 3 in October. I had a broken spring that wasnt covered by warranty so sensibly (i thought) i’ve installed coilovers that have their own warranty. However i’ll go for an elegibility check and see what happens. Does anyone know if there is a mileage limit on this, i know your van needs to be under 100k on sign up. But is there an upper limit of mileage during the warranty period?
As far as I’m aware, there’s no upper limit as long as you are below 100k on start up like you say.
Where are you located? With regards to which dealer you use?

Any dealer that point blank refuses due to suspension being replaced, is loosing out themselves.. for the sake of a conversation with the customer that covers the fact both parties know the vehicle has non oem suspension.

I agree but don’t go to Sheffield then! They commented how good the van looked upon arrival and then took over 2hrs doing the inspection. All was good apart from them having to check with VW about the suspension. Lots of calls from me to them and 3 weeks later they said no. I have only done 17k but they are just not interested so I’m not using VW for anything further.

Personally, mileage doesn't really come into the equation as my van has only done just over 6000 miles at three years old and I can't wait until the world starts regaining some degree of sanity to start piling the miles on! My suspension is stock but, as recorded above, I did have a 'what if' conversation with the VW Service Centre who were quite clear that future modified suspension would NOT invalidate the All-In Warranty for anything other than suspension or anything caused to happen by it being modified. Maybe they were wrong as it doesn't really make any sense in relation to the stance taken where the mods have already been done but I have the aforementioned conversation recorded just in case.

Back