VW All-in plan

That makes sense. However, the "Inspection" service cost me £96 (£80+VAT) while the "Eligibility" check for the "All-In" was free
Yeah, I read that.....maybe they wanted my business going forward. Well, it worked.
Had another message from JCT600 York, offering an Inspection with a pollen filter change at £154 Inc vat ....ha ha

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
So, I contacted another dealer, Lookers VW at Teesside. They do the Inspection service for free, as they say, it's a visual check only. Looking at the service regime my T6 is on, its the longlife one.....so the guy reckons that I can wait until my 3 year warranty expires in March 2022 and take out the VW all-in-one plan before its due a major/minor service. Will be going in Feb2022 for the assessment check. Happy with that.
You can't take the All In plan while you have factory warranty and the eligibility inspection lasts for 7 days before you need another. Have yours within 7 days of your warranty expiry date.

You can't take the All In plan while you have factory warranty and the eligibility inspection lasts for 7 days before you need another. Have yours within 7 days of your warranty expiry date.
I was told 30 days before warranty expired for the eligibility inspection....is the 7 days written in the small print ?

I was told 30 days before warranty expired for the eligibility inspection....is the 7 days written in the small print ?
I had it done 2 weeks before my warranty run out then was told I couldn't have it while still under factory warranty. Then they said the inspection run out after 7 days so I had another the day after the warranty run out. Then they said I can't have the plan because the database that VWFS use doesn't recognise my vehicle, that was over 6 weeks ago and I still don't have the plan.
Try your reg in here to see if they recognise yours.
VWFS service plans

I had it done 2 weeks before my warranty run out then was told I couldn't have it while still under factory warranty. Then they said the inspection run out after 7 days so I had another the day after the warranty run out. Then they said I can't have the plan because the database that VWFS use doesn't recognise my vehicle, that was over 6 weeks ago and I still don't have the plan.
VWFS service plans
Talk to a different dealer

VWFS service plans
Yep, found my van, showing a service plan.....not as good an offer as the all-in though.

Talk to a different dealer
I have they tried and gave me the same answer so it has been passed on to the area manager. The van is on the VW database but because VWFS offer the plans it has to be on theirs.
They say it is because of reg number change.

I have they tried and gave me the same answer so it has been passed on to the area manager. The van is on the VW database but because VWFS offer the plans it has to be on theirs.
They say it is because of reg number change.
They should pick it up against the old number

They should pick it up against the old number
My number was put on in March and the old one went straight on another vehicle. It makes no sense to me but there is nobody to talk to. I wrote to VWFS 3 weeks ago but all I have received back is acknowledgement they have received the letter.

My number was put on in March and the old one went straight on another vehicle. It makes no sense to me but there is nobody to talk to. I wrote to VWFS 3 weeks ago but all I have received back is acknowledgement they have received the letter.
Odd! Usually the original number assigned to the vehicle is reserved to go back on the vehicle when you remove a “private” number eg when you sell on the vehicle

Odd! Usually the original number assigned to the vehicle is reserved to go back on the vehicle when you remove a “private” number eg when you sell on the vehicle
...unless that was a cherished transfer too. Me and the Mrs swapped our plates a few years ago.

You’d have thought that for something like this VW would be going by the chassis number rather than the registration number.

Right, as promised, an update on how my eligibility check and non-OEM suspension went! I went to a well-known dealer in Southampton (who also has a branch in Poole) at @Andyman ’s recommendation. The van had its “Inspection” message come up now too! So, the van failed the eligibility check as an intermittent noise was being heard from the non-OEM suspension mount and the O/S/R non-OEM brake pad was binding a little. Get these sorted within 6 days and I would be accepted for the “All In” package.
So, on my way home, I swing by the garage that did the brakes and they are going to sort the binding tomorrow morning. Then I put in a call to Steve @CRS Performance and I could almost hear him sigh down the phone as he gave his “sight unseen” diagnosis! Luckily my diary and SWMBO allowed me make the 270 mile round trip to @CRS Performance this afternoon as Steve had a slot available.
Both Steves took the van out for a test drive independently and returned scratching heads. Up onto the ramp for an inspection. More head scratching! A call into VW who could provide no guidance other than read what the technician had written as it is only a visual check and road test. They were reluctant to speak to Steve directly but were content to accept his view.
However, Steve wasn’t prepared to let this go…..both Steves went out for a test drive together and returned with a verdict: a dodgy drop link! They changed both for much stronger droplinks. (Edit: drop links are OEM!!!)
At this stage, I have an embarrassing confession: I left my locking nut at home!!! (I’m blushing as I type that!) Steve, I am so, so, so sorry for the hassle I caused you having to work around the wheel!
I’m not going to slag off the dealer as they did actually detect a fault however poorly described. However, a massive thank you to @CRS Performance for the tenacity shown to find an intermittent fault and provide back-up support even for an idiot who forgot the locking nut!
I will update once brakes are sorted. By the way, it costs £96 to have a visual inspection, top up washer fluid and have the “Inspection” warning removed! The “All In” eligibility check is free!!!
As promised, an update: Brakes sorted now - signed up for the "All In" this morning by the dealer over the phone. Confirmation email has landed.

Back