VW All-in plan

Please let me know if anyone gets the “all in” deal with non OEM suspension as I’d love to have another conversation with Sheffield Van Centre.

As far as I’m aware, there’s no upper limit as long as you are below 100k on start up like you say.
Where are you located? With regards to which dealer you use?

Any dealer that point blank refuses due to suspension being replaced, is loosing out themselves.. for the sake of a conversation with the customer that covers the fact both parties know the vehicle has non oem suspension.
Thats as i understood it, thanks.
i’m based south east wales but i use Sinclair Cardiff, they have been absolutely spot on with me so far, so i feel like they're very fair. I’ll let you know how i get on. I dont really want the faff of changing back to OEM suspension just for the check…

Suspension systems ( particularly shock absorbers ) cant actually be continually warranted by the manufacturer much the same as they couldn't continue to warrant a clutch , these are parts that are serviceable and have to wear out .

I would bet that any of these later in life warranty extensions will have all this covered in the small print . I read the other day a low mileage van was refused warranty work on the brakes for much the same reason . Driving habits were blamed for a bad shudder on the brakes which the owner had to pay for .

Buying extended warranties is much like buying Insurance , Its there for peace of mind but often not there when needed !!!

Shocks are full of oil that achieves similar temperatures to the engine oil. we change oil in the engines often but most owners think if a shock isn't leaking its fine , this is completely wrong . The mineral oil in a shock is normally good for 60 to 70 k miles, after that , these worn shocks will rarely fail MOT until they stop damping sufficiently, or show a leak . There are a lot of Quality after market shocks fitted to these vans that have Synthetic oil in them and can go much further . This wont mean a thing to a Dealership trying to increase revenue from a customer of course .

I think it’s because we can’t get the insurance at all that is the problem irrespective of whether they are included in the plan ?

Right, as promised, an update on how my eligibility check and non-OEM suspension went! I went to a well-known dealer in Southampton (who also has a branch in Poole) at @Andyman ’s recommendation. The van had its “Inspection” message come up now too! So, the van failed the eligibility check as an intermittent noise was being heard from the non-OEM suspension mount and the O/S/R non-OEM brake pad was binding a little. Get these sorted within 6 days and I would be accepted for the “All In” package.
So, on my way home, I swing by the garage that did the brakes and they are going to sort the binding tomorrow morning. Then I put in a call to Steve @CRS Performance and I could almost hear him sigh down the phone as he gave his “sight unseen” diagnosis! Luckily my diary and SWMBO allowed me make the 270 mile round trip to @CRS Performance this afternoon as Steve had a slot available.
Both Steves took the van out for a test drive independently and returned scratching heads. Up onto the ramp for an inspection. More head scratching! A call into VW who could provide no guidance other than read what the technician had written as it is only a visual check and road test. They were reluctant to speak to Steve directly but were content to accept his view.
However, Steve wasn’t prepared to let this go…..both Steves went out for a test drive together and returned with a verdict: a dodgy drop link! They changed both for much stronger droplinks. (Edit: drop links are OEM!!!)
At this stage, I have an embarrassing confession: I left my locking nut at home!!! (I’m blushing as I type that!) Steve, I am so, so, so sorry for the hassle I caused you having to work around the wheel!
I’m not going to slag off the dealer as they did actually detect a fault however poorly described. However, a massive thank you to @CRS Performance for the tenacity shown to find an intermittent fault and provide back-up support even for an idiot who forgot the locking nut!
I will update once brakes are sorted. By the way, it costs £96 to have a visual inspection, top up washer fluid and have the “Inspection” warning removed! The “All In” eligibility check is free!!!

Last edited:
it costs £96 to have a visual inspection, top up washer fluid and have the “Inspection” warning removed! The “All In” eligibility check is free!!!
My Inspection warning is on currently, 22 days to go. Contacted JCT600 van centre in York who have quoted 350 smackers for an oil/inspection service ? Would that be about right ?
I was thinking that the interim oil service would be in 2 months time, 12 months after I bought it.

£350 ? for a first service? No way. Unless you've done about 20k in the first year.

Not first service, I'm the second owner so I've done about 9k miles in 10 months since I bought it. Just wondering if I should just go for the Inspection service alone and wait for the oil service light or lump it together now.

My Inspection warning is on currently, 22 days to go. Contacted JCT600 van centre in York who have quoted 350 smackers for an oil/inspection service ? Would that be about right ?
I was thinking that the interim oil service would be in 2 months time, 12 months after I bought it.
I’m not sure on the price but I’d wait until your second service is due and have them sort it then - the same blooming checks ought to be done?

I’m not sure on the price but I’d wait until your second service is due and have them sort it then - the same blooming checks ought to be done?
So, I contacted another dealer, Lookers VW at Teesside. They do the Inspection service for free, as they say, it's a visual check only. Looking at the service regime my T6 is on, its the longlife one.....so the guy reckons that I can wait until my 3 year warranty expires in March 2022 and take out the VW all-in-one plan before its due a major/minor service. Will be going in Feb2022 for the assessment check. Happy with that.

So, I contacted another dealer, Lookers VW at Teesside. They do the Inspection service for free, as they say, it's a visual check only. Looking at the service regime my T6 is on, its the longlife one.....so the guy reckons that I can wait until my 3 year warranty expires in March 2022 and take out the VW all-in-one plan before its due a major/minor service. Will be going in Feb2022 for the assessment check. Happy with that.
That makes sense. However, the "Inspection" service cost me £96 (£80+VAT) while the "Eligibility" check for the "All-In" was free

Back