Wastegate actuator adaption CXEB

Deansie

is there anybody with a CXEB and OBDeleven that could check what the wastegates actuatorvoltage is set to when ignition is off?

I’m having trouble adapting the new turbo on my T6 and the workshop manual states that I should set a vacuum at 0,5 bar on the actuator and adjust the arm so the voltage sits at around 0.750. But doing so wont let me adapt the new turbocharger in OBDeleven.

Get the errormessage: Exited due to reasons of safety

And my best guess is that i’ve set it to the wrong voltage. The ecu is recently tuned prior to the turboreplacemenr if that has anything to do with the value.

OBDeleven
:speechless:
Wow thank you, this completely went under my belt. I guees i’ll go with VCDS after all.

CXEB and OBDeleven that could check what the wastegates actuatorvoltage is set to when ignition is off?
There is nothing available when ignition is OFF.
Also please post exact live data label you need - as in OBDeleven none of the labels refers to wastegate. Perhaps a bypass...

Anyways, VCDS data item "Turbocharger 1 turbine bypass valve 1 bank 1:- Raw voltage" reads 3.95±0.01 Volts when ignition ON (engine OFF)

the workshop manual states that I should set a vacuum at 0,5 bar on the actuator and adjust the arm so the voltage sits at around 0.750
And my best guess is that i’ve set it to the wrong voltage.
So what have you got - and exactly from where (data label)?

a vacuum at 0,5 bar on the actuator and adjust the arm so the voltage sits at around 0.750.
Are you sure you are reading the correct chapter for wastegate? The values above match only with charge pressure positioner G580 setup?

:speechless:

There is nothing available when ignition is OFF.
Also please post exact live data label you need - as in OBDeleven none of the labels refers to wastegate. Perhaps a bypass...

Anyways, VCDS data item "Turbocharger 1 turbine bypass valve 1 bank 1:- Raw voltage" reads 3.95±0.01 Volts when ignition ON (engine OFF)

So what have you got - and exactly from where (data label)?

Are you sure you are reading the correct chapter for wastegate? The values above match only with charge pressure positioner G580 setup?

Sorry for being unclear, will provide pictures.

Here are the instructions I’ve followed:

IMG_4468.jpeg

Here are the troublecodes:
IMG_4470.png

IMG_4471.png

And here is the error: (the wg-arm started moving but failed)
IMG_4469.jpeg

Here is the voltage im looking for (i think):

IMG_4472.jpeg

IMG_4471.png

IMG_4472.jpeg

IMG_4472.jpeg

Same response when setting the said voltage to 3,950v unfortunately.

Am I getting at it in the wrong way? How is the wg-arm going to move with the ignition on and engine off since the vacuumpump is mechanic?

I feel lost!

I think you are doing two not related things - the manual pages are for turbine actuator but the data values screenshots are for wastegate actuator.

The 0.75 Volts with 500 mbar you'll find in OBDeleven under

Turbine actuator 1 bank 1, posit feedback -uncnd vlt
EDIT: not related to this adjustment

Last edited:
The voltage is just a readout from position sensor of the actuator - so varies when the rod moves.

I think you are doing two not related things - the manual pages are for turbine actuator but the data values screenshots are for wastegate actuator.

The 0.75 Volts with 500 mbar you'll find in OBDeleven under
Turbine actuator 1 bank 1, posit feedback -uncnd vlt
The voltage on said perimeter did not change when adjusting the bults on said actuator. Instead I could se the value slightly change while pushing a bit on the upper actuator. Any clues?

The adaptation is done with engine off, ignition on right?
Engine running.

What does the workshop manual tell - is there actually a need to do an adaptation?
I would guess all the calibration is done by manually adjusting rods for certain readings from the sensors.

Anyways, the adaptation is available and seems to run and finish...
1728747432641.png
The voltage on said perimeter did not change when adjusting the bults on said actuator.
But you got the 0.75 Volts when 500 mbar vacuum was applied?

Have you seen this below -

Engine running.

What does the workshop manual tell - is there actually a need to do an adaptation?
I would guess all the calibration is done by manually adjusting rods for certain readings from the sensors.

Anyways, the adaptation is available and seems to run and finish...

But you got the 0.75 Volts when 500 mbar vacuum was applied?

Have you seen this below -
I seriously doubt that it is necessary, but since the faultcodes showed up and this seem to be the only reasonable suggestion according to Golf MK7 owners to fix it (I know, but couldnt find much info regarding this issue on CXEB) I figured I'll give it a try since I'm totally stuck right now.

I have measured ohms on the boost pressure solenoids and turbine changeover valve and got 15,5 ohms on all three.
When I up vacuum on the hoses going to the wastegates there is a small leak, but I don't know it's significance. Say I pump it out to -500mbar, approximately 2mbar escapes per second. Is this to much?

The most tricky part is that the van ran perfect for 20km when all of the sudden I got this issue with the flashing coil and faultcodes. Since then it comes on everytime I start the van up, not directly but maybe 30 seconds in.

Looking back into fault codes

1728761798521.png

P00AF 00 [01100101] - Actuator Module for Turbocharger 1 - Stuck

1728761725337.png

P2563 00 [01100101] - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit - Implausible Signal

Both codes refer to the same actuator -

Have you monitored that voltage ECU sees actually changes?
Did you get the 0.75 Volts when 500 mbar vacuum was applied?

Since then it comes on everytime I start the van up, not directly but maybe 30 seconds in.
Perhaps the 30 seconds is just the time ECU diagnosing the issue. Do both codes pop up then?

1728762863836.png

I have tried numerous of different voltages to try and pinpoint the "range" and when I've put vacuum at 500 mbar and adjusted the voltage to 0.75v @ "Turboc.1 turbin.bypass valve 1 B. 1, pos.feedback - Uncnd vlt" I only get the P00AF00 fault code.

From this, maybe that is within the range but there is something else bothering it since P00AF00 remains.

I can visually see the wg-arm moving, most clearly when the Coil light turns on because that results in a "safezone?" where the actuator positions itself 50% open. Therefore I can say that it is certainly not "stuck".

Both codes pop up at the same time when the actuator is presumably out-of-range.

Maybe something wrong with the N75, since it happend so abruptly? I should probably try and swap the modules again to see if I get the faultcode on the other actuator instead.

To be continued!

First - apologies for any confusion I created above - seems that I was not careful enough reading/posting. Now have striked out not relevant portions in my posts.

I've put vacuum at 500 mbar and adjusted the voltage to 0.75v @ "Turboc.1 turbin.bypass valve 1 B. 1, pos.feedback - Uncnd vlt" I
Ok. this is now good.

P00AF 00 [01100101] - Actuator Module for Turbocharger 1 - Stuck
P2563 00 [01100101] - Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit - Implausible Signal
Just started to wonder if these fault codes are actually about the other actuator/position sensor - G581 - as those faults have popped up also with mono-turbo engines.
1728805499865.png

The G580 is unique to twin-turbo engine and labeled as position sender 2.
1728806626461.png
Possibly fault code "P00B0 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "B" Module Performance" would relate to this. However, couldn't find any.

First - apologies for any confusion I created above - seems that I was not careful enough reading/posting. Now have striked out not relevant portions in my posts.

Ok. this is now good.

Just started to wonder if these fault codes are actually about the other actuator/position sensor - G581 - as those faults have popped up also with mono-turbo engines.
View attachment 262374

View attachment 262378
Possibly fault code "P00B0 - Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Control "B" Module Performance" would relate to this. However, couldn't find any.
I’ve ordered a new N75, expecting to recieve it tomorrow. Will post the results later on!

Thank you for your effort so far!

Reactions: mmi

Ok. this is now good.

View attachment 262374

View attachment 262378
Not much info in the workshop manual on the G581 you mentioned, seems odd no?

Not much info in the workshop manual on the G581 you mentioned, seems odd no?
Yes, sorry, didn't realise the old workshop manual is missing crucial bits of the information - thus need to have a later up-to-date workshop manual. Check your mailbox ;)

Snippets here -

Meanwhile - it seems that we can run the G581 into different positions via engine's Basic Settings > IDE00457 - Test of turbocharger. Test runs for 60 seconds sweeping the actuator a couple of times.

01-BasicSettings-Test_of_turbocharger.png

1728811930263.png

However, I'm not sure if OBDeleven can make a log while test is running. At least in the past it didn't have the capability.

Back