Welcome new members

Many thanks for kind comments and thumbs-up, guys. Much appreciated!

Next step is to get the wheels refurbished and new tyres all round, then tools out for a major service, fit a towbar and cruise control, and get it through the MoT next month. All the wiring will present a challenge, as I don't have that much experience of electrics, and none at all with VCDS. Like to give things a go though. What could possibly go wrong....?

Think we'll be in a minority on here, as we're drawn to the old school/ retro/ keep it simple approach, hence retaining the steel wheels, black plastic bumpers, etc.

Looking forward to plenty of time on the Forum as I come to grips with our first water-cooled VW van.

Think we'll be in a minority on here, as we're drawn to the old school/ retro/ keep it simple approach, hence retaining the steel wheels, black plastic bumpers, etc.
Not convinced you'll be alone...

I for one like exposed metalwork in my van!

Un posto dove i nuovi membri possono passare a salutarci, raccontarci cosa guidano o hanno intenzione di guidare e qualsiasi altra cosa vogliano condividere.

Se desideri postare una domanda o discutere di qualcosa di specifico, visita il sottoforum appropriato. Potresti scoprire che la tua domanda è già stata posta, quindi è sempre consigliata una ricerca.

Se desideri vendere o pubblicare un annuncio di ricerca nel nostro sottoforum riservato agli annunci, dovrai trasformare il tuo account gratuito in un account VIP cliccando qui .

Le regole del forum sono consultabili cliccando qui , mentre le FAQ sull'utilizzo del forum sono disponibili qui.

Ahoj Joco a vítám tě na fóru. Prosím o příspěvek v angličtině. Děkuju. :thumbsup:

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but thought I get stuck in.

Got a T6 converted day/beach/weekend camper. Have a 4 year old and an 8 month boys so trips have been limited this year but really looking forward to family time in the van next year.

Grown up with vans, my dad started out with a T4 holdsworth conversion and then moved onto bigger vans.

Have spent far too much on upgrades and mods which I'll be posting in various threads overtime as list of 'wants' is still a long one!

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

IMG_20240713_203114_749.jpg
PXL_20231125_160515740.jpgIMG_20240623_134410_567.jpg

Hi all,

Been lurking for a while but thought I get stuck in.

Got a T6 converted day/beach/weekend camper. Have a 4 year old and an 8 month boys so trips have been limited this year but really looking forward to family time in the van next year.

Grown up with vans, my dad started out with a T4 holdsworth conversion and then moved onto bigger vans.

Have spent far too much on upgrades and mods which I'll be posting in various threads overtime as list of 'wants' is still a long one!

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

View attachment 261207
View attachment 261211View attachment 261208
Welcome along @soldas , good to see you've carried your Dad's enthusiasm for vans to the next generation! Nice set up, enjoy the forum...

Cheers for the welcome. We have 3 dogs and want some sort of guard across the rear door does not need to be full height but with doors. No crates as dogs not keen on them. Any ideas? We have seen a “MimSafe VarioGate Tailgate Guard” which is the type of guard we want but manufactures say will not fit t6.1.
ps we have a swb. Cheers for any advice.

Back