Welcome new members

thought to say hello to everyone! I am a very new proud owner of an ascot grey 2024 T6.1

View attachment 261479

Look forward to being part of the forum.

Best
Russ.
Welcome along @Russ_82 , beautiful wagon and obviously the best colour, I love (have) the chrome, it emphasizes the 'I have the last proper VW' statement! Are they bronze wheels, the definition on my screen isn't great...

Welcome along @Russ_82 , beautiful wagon and obviously the best colour, I love (have) the chrome, it emphasizes the 'I have the last proper VW' statement! Are they bronze wheels, the definition on my screen isn't great...
Yes super chuffed and going to keep it as is for the moment. Wheels are 20” in Matt black with polished black face I believe , so glad for the coil overs too.

I’ll share some more pics in the picture thread :) just need to sort out a decent speaker upgrade as used to good sounds then sorted.

Had our van about a year now so figured it was about time to join up, a T6.1 with camperversions conversion. Been on a few solo trips and a few family trips. All UK based so far but have aspirations of Europe for next year. Still a lot of trial and error with packing and equipment etc.

Attempting to make a cover for the pop top gap this week so been scrutinizing a few threads, also intending to try and put some sound deadening in the scuttle this week as well.

Got intentions of doing the cab floor and wheel arches at some point, but I think that's beyond my skill level.

Here's a pic of the van on bike carrying duty

PXL_20240127_162156845~3.jpg

Greetings from Finland!

I drive myself a lifted T5.1 4motion and have just bought T6 4motion for my father with a timing belt failure(yet to be fixed).

You seem to have nice community here with lots of experience and good vibes. I'll probably start asking questions soons as I find suitable thread.

P.s. I haven't written in english in quite a while, so I'll hope you'll bear with me trying to get my technical vocabulary up to date.

- Eetu

Greetings from Finland!

I drive myself a lifted T5.1 4motion and have just bought T6 4motion for my father with a timing belt failure(yet to be fixed).

You seem to have nice community here with lots of experience and good vibes. I'll probably start asking questions soons as I find suitable thread.

P.s. I haven't written in english in quite a while, so I'll hope you'll bear with me trying to get my technical vocabulary up to date.

- Eetu
Welcome to the forum mate.

I don't think you'll have any problems with your technical vocab - there's lots of native English speakers, like me, that struggle with that. :rofl:

Greetings from Finland!

- Eetu
What's the details about the timing belt failure? Was it high mileage ?

Back