What Have You Bought Today?

There is a nice rail which fits in the roof gutter, but I have a set of VW roof racks (across not inline) and installing a rail might prevent me from being able to pop them on and off as I like.

I remember the time I watched Caravans drill into a van to fit a rail, and thinking the same as you.

All the best with your new rail.
All done n dusted.
Have to say, not as obtrusive as I thought it would be, being black on black helps too.
Very impressed with the company that fitted it too.
If anyone in the Wiltshire area is looking to get work done then I'd recommend in at least giving Rich a call @ The Dub Shed

Just need to get a new awning now which resembles an aircraft hangar.
Roll on the NEC in a couple of weeks.

DSC_5336.JPG

DSC_5335.JPG

There is a nice rail which fits in the roof gutter, but I have a set of VW roof racks (across not inline) and installing a rail might prevent me from being able to pop them on and off as I like.

I remember the time I watched Caravans drill into a van to fit a rail, and thinking the same as you.

All the best with your new rail.
I've the same predicament and considering either a concealed awning rail in roof gutter with cut outs (VW T5 Bolted Awning Rail VW Logo Roof Rack – Camper Essentials) for the VW roof racks or a Reimo/Vamoose rail

Just forked out for the bits to enable me to cut a very big hole in the roof of the van (and hopefully close it again afterwards)
Build update to follow shortly, I was going to move onto a crafter but I didn't want to part with the T6 yet

Currently debating this I have a pop top and like the hidden awning rail option but can’t figure how it would secure other than 2 free bolts available or conjure up the bottle to fit a vamoose with the drilling and holes and piercing the precious :sick:

Back