What Have You Bought Today?

An Spjuvial duvet set from Ikea (SPJUTVIAL duvet cover and pillowcase, light grey/mélange, 150x200/50x80 cm - IKEA). Not to use as intended, but instead to fit on Forty Winks mattress. I was hoping to find something to enclose the Forty Winks mattress opposed to a sheet so it all stays neat and tidy when folding the seats when needing to use the kombi seats between nights of camping. Happy to report it works a treat; the stretch of the fabric and zip make really snug. Would highly recommend.

IMG_1897.jpegIMG_1895.jpegIMG_1896.jpegIMG_1898.jpeg

I’ve bought a Camping glass safari window to replace a fixed drivers side window and hopefully it will be fitted next week.

John.
Have to show us this when it's done matey. I'm tempted to swap both my sliding door and kitchen window with the safari glass

I imported some wheels from Germany via a French company. They used UPS.
It was only because the French company was switched on and made the effort to keep me in the loop at every stage via email that I knew when UPS wanted the import duties and VAT paid. I had set up an account with UPS and they had all my details but they seemed to only be able to communicate with the selle

I'm currently waiting for royal mail/parcelforce to send me a letter (yes, a letter! In 2024!) telling me how much in import duties I need to pay before they deliver them. They sent me an email telling me I'll probably have to pay import duties but I can't do anything until I get this letter from them!
If only there was a system where goods, and services could freely move between countries without unnecessary barriers ;)

The first of our E-bikes arrived yesterday, they are Estarli e20.7's. I took it for a quick spin today to try it out. I'm now charging it up from my ecoflow river 2 pro to see how long it takes and how many charges I will get out of one fully charged power pack. As it stands the ecoflow reports 87w output and 6 hours 25v minutes run time - should be enough for at least 2 full charges.

IMG_3815.jpeg

Last edited:
The first of our E-bikes arrived yesterday, they are establish e20.7's. I took it for a quick spin today to try it out. I'm now charging it up from my ecoflow river 2 pro to see how long it takes and how many charges I will get out of one fully charged power pack. As it stands the ecoflow reports 87w output and 6 hours 25v minutes run time - should be enough for at least 2 full charges.

View attachment 239343
So, after taking a break from charging while we were out, the battery is charged (it took 3 hours from all but flat to fully charged). The Ecoflow has 59% left. Here is the before and after from the app.

IMG_3819.png

IMG_3825.png

Last edited:
Yeah it's frustrating!

I got this email last Thursday

But as of 8am yesterday it's at my local depot, being held awaiting the payment of customs charges. Which I can't do untill I have the reference number on the letter they've sent me...

I mean, you have my email address, why are you sending me a sodding letter!! It really is ass-backwards, I don't see any reason why they can't email. I just want to pay the charges and get my stuff! :rofl:
Give them a call, I had similar last month - showing at local depot and they had allegedly sent a letter. I called them, he gave me a reference to pay the fee online there and then and delivered next day. The letter never actually arrived.

Give them a call, I had similar last month - showing at local depot and they had allegedly sent a letter. I called them, he gave me a reference to pay the fee online there and then and delivered next day. The letter never actually arrived.
I got the letter yesterday, paid in about a minute after opening, they're out for delivery today :thumbsup:

I bought an Anker Solix C800 Plus the other day - but it is arriving today. The problem is I did not 'discuss' this purchase before I made it.
The 'Purse Strings Holder' is not going to be impressed, but I hope to win her over with a little logic.
We have solar panels on the roof, and a battery. My logic is that when the new battery is not out and about in the van I can hook it up and increase home storage capacity.

Took delivery of an Allpowers R600 power bank and Allpowers 100w folding Solar panel.

Top tip ….. ordered this from AliExpress Allpowers Official , however the goods were sent from their UK warehouse at no additional taxes etc. So the above was significantly cheaper than purchasing from the usual sites here .

I bought an Anker Solix C800 Plus the other day - but it is arriving today. The problem is I did not 'discuss' this purchase before I made it.
The 'Purse Strings Holder' is not going to be impressed, but I hope to win her over with a little logic.
We have solar panels on the roof, and a battery. My logic is that when the new battery is not out and about in the van I can hook it up and increase home storage capacity.
In my experience, it's always better to ask for forgiveness rather than for permission.

Good luck with that reasoning.

We have a modest Bluetti power bank with USB and 240v. When it is not in the van we use at home for phones and tablets/ laptops. When it's empty stick it back in the van to recharge for free off the solar powered LB. Lasts ages and anything done to keep the home lecky bill down is always approved by OiC Accounts.

Last edited:
Back